Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I know this question has been posted numerous times but I have to ask again! I have recently applied for a partner visa to migrate to Oz. my hubby is Aussie born and both our girls have US and Aus citizenship. I did not send my medicals or police checks with my application. Sould I just get them done and send them? Is the processing time still 5 + months? I've read some forums where ppl are granted them in 2 or less?

Any advice or comments will be much appreciated! Thank ou!
Ash

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hello all!
I know this question has been posted numerous times but I have to ask again! I have recently applied for a partner visa to migrate to Oz. my hubby is Aussie born and both our girls have US and Aus citizenship. I did not send my medicals or police checks with my application. Sould I just get them done and send them? Is the processing time still 5 + months? I've read some forums where ppl are granted them in 2 or less?

Any advice or comments will be much appreciated! Thank ou!
Ash
Hi Ashbl,

You could get your Police Checks done first. For the Medical checks, as it has an expiry date, one year i believe, you could get it prepared too. Worst case is that it expires and it has to be done again. Probably get them ready in hand, so when they ask, you can just send it to out to them. Process times defers from time to time. I got mine in 11 months, some got it in 3 months. But i think Offshore
applicants get theirs faster.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Both the police check and the medical are only valid a year, but coming from a low-risk country the application will not take longer than take, so you might as well get them and send them off - it may or may not make it go faster but it won't hurt. Processing times vary greatly, my husband applied onshore (he's French), we included the medical and police check and it was granted in a month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.