Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
33021 - 33040 of 33101 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Please advise on how to intimate the CO about change in circumstances? We need to intimate the arrival of our child (Yet to named) in Partner visa 309.

We both are in India and we submitted my wife's 309 Partner visa a while ago. ( planning to travel once the restrictions gets relaxed)

·
Registered
418 Posts
While applying for 309/100 partner visa when your wife is overseas, what's the best strategy to bring your wife to Australia? Shall we lodge 600 tourist family stream visa and apply for 309 afterwards or apply for 309 and also apply for the 600 tourist family stream visa after it?

Thanks,
Yousuf Khan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am in a bit of a dilemma, my wife is in australia, on her 420 subclass, temporary skilled work visa and we want to apply for spouse 820 subclass. Now for the subclass 820 bridging visa kicks in, her current 420 subclass visa needs to expire. but considering the current scenario of work, if her company ask her to go back, or if she quits her job, most possibly her 420 visa will be cancelled, which means the 820 bridging ll also be cancelled. SO how does this actually works. Should we first look for a visitor visa then with some certainty apply for 820?

Any advise or help will be appreciated.

Regards
Deepak

·
Registered
24,721 Posts
Hi Everyone, I am in a bit of a dilemma, my wife is in australia, on her 420 subclass, temporary skilled work visa and we want to apply for spouse 820 subclass. Now for the subclass 820 bridging visa kicks in, her current 420 subclass visa needs to expire. but considering the current scenario of work, if her company ask her to go back, or if she quits her job, most possibly her 420 visa will be cancelled, which means the 820 bridging ll also be cancelled. SO how does this actually works. Should we first look for a visitor visa then with some certainty apply for 820?

Any advise or help will be appreciated.

Regards
Deepak
The moment the visitors visa is issued, the 420 will stand cancelled
So she will have no working rights
You have not thought this through

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dear all,
My wife has applied for 309/100 visa. We both are offshore. I visited Australia for a week in 2018.
Question 1.
In form 40sp, question 8
It asks for Date of arrival in Australia (Attach proof of length of residence)
Now, I wondering what date to write here, either the grant date or the date of arrived when I visited for a week?
And what proof should I attach, as I stayed at my friend’s house.

Question 2.
Do I(sponsor), have to give an updated police clearance again or upload the one I gave earlier which is 3 years old ?

Question 3.
Since I was not able to find 40SP on the immi website, I downloaded
I have downloaded the form from vfsglobla website https://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Turkey/pdf/40SP.pdf
And filled it, I was wondering, do I fill this form, print it sign it and scan it again and then upload it under sponsor section of my wife application, or there is another way I have to follow.

Need guidance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear all,
My wife has applied for 309/100 visa. We both are offshore. I visited Australia for a week in 2018.
Question 1.
In form 40sp, question 8
It asks for Date of arrival in Australia (Attach proof of length of residence)
Now, I wondering what date to write here, either the grant date or the date of arrived when I visited for a week?
And what proof should I attach, as I stayed at my friend’s house.

Question 2.
Do I(sponsor), have to give an updated police clearance again or upload the one I gave earlier which is 3 years old ?

Question 3.
Since I was not able to find 40SP on the immi website, I downloaded
I have downloaded the form from vfsglobla website https://www.vfsglobal.com/Australia/Turkey/pdf/40SP.pdf
And filled it, I was wondering, do I fill this form, print it sign it and scan it again and then upload it under sponsor section of my wife application, or there is another way I have to follow.

Need guidance.
Hi, would like to keep it simple and short. to the best of my knowledge, others could pitch in as well.

Question1:
The date of arrival is the date you landed in Australia and the immigration stamp on your passport

Question2:
Police clearance is only valid for as on date. it depends on the agency what validity they consider for your police clearance but logically 3 years obviously is very old and need to get a new one. Now, usually it is advisable to front load everything in advance so as to make your applicaiton decision ready but in case of health assessment & PCC, my experience suggest one should upload only once asked by the case officer. Personally I front loaded the same at the time of application but had to do it again once my file got opened as it is already 12 months past.

Question3:
40SP is a separate application to be made and it is an online application. You need to create a new application under your immi account, under Family section select "Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia (300, 309/100, 820/801".

·
Registered
12 Posts
While applying for 309/100 partner visa when your wife is overseas, what's the best strategy to bring your wife to Australia? Shall we lodge 600 tourist family stream visa and apply for 309 afterwards or apply for 309 and also apply for the 600 tourist family stream visa after it?

Thanks,
Yousuf Khan
In my personal opinion, one should apply for tourist visa non family one for short stay i.e 3 months. and once the applicant is onshore then apply for onshore partner visa.
This will give the partner bridging visa till the time your application is decided and the will get working rights till then.
One just have to make sure that the tourist visa doesnt comes with "No further stay" condition. As it doesnt allows you to apply for any further visa.
The Family one ususally comes with No further stay in my experience, so advisable to apply independant one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dont apply for 309

Hi Friend, dont apply for offshore 309 visa in current situation. I suggest you to bring your spouse to Australia on tourist visa after your marriage, and the apply for onshore 820/801 visa. The good thing about the 820 visa is that your partner can stay in Australia under bridging visa after her tourist visa gets expired and until her 820 visa is granted. Also she will have work and study rights in Australia on the bridging visa.
Due to current covid situation offshore 309/100 visas may take 2 years or more to get granted. I applied for 309 visa for my wife on March 2019, and still not received the grant.
Hi,,,By now did you receive the 309 partner visa grant? If so when? And if not, has there been any updates please thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
They started granting 309 visas and I got for my wife last month.. I applied in Feb2020 and got in Dec 2020
Hlo, you applied in Feb 2020 and got visa in December 2020 OR you applied in February 2019 and got visa in December 2020? In earlier comment you had said you applied in March 2019 and still didn’t hear anything from the department. Can you please clarify when u applied and when you got? Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hlo, you applied in Feb 2020 and got visa in December 2020 OR you applied in February 2019 and got visa in December 2020? In earlier comment you had said you applied in March 2019 and still didn’t hear anything from the department. Can you please clarify when u applied and when you got? Thanks
Applied in FEb2020 and got 309 in Dec2020 mid... haven't told Mar2019 as far I remember

·
Registered
198 Posts
I applied on August 2019, got CO contact in mid Dec. Furnished the documents requested and I'm waiting for the outcome now.
My friend applied on Sept 2019,got CO contact 3 days before mine and got approval on 22nd Jan 2021.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Banderjhula

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dear All,

Appreciate your inputs on my case that basically has 2 parts:

Part 1:
My PR 175 grant - May 2012
Expired - May 2017
Been in Australia for - 1 month 7 days total.
Last visited Australia in - Feb 2017 (just before expiry).

Why I didn't migrate yet?
I went to Oz in June 2012 (immediately after getting PR) stayed there for a month and searched for jobs. Didn't get any good response. In the mean time, got a very good offer from Oman, which had opportunity to learn new skills required in Oz. So moved there.

Got married the next year, 2013.

Blessed with 3 kids. Last one born in 2020. 2 of the kids go to school.

All these commitments held me back from relocating. Most essentially because my family does not have PR. And getting their PR is a different ball game altogether, which I have covered in Part 2 below.

So anyhow, I'm planning to apply for my RRV by Nov this year. I don't satisfy 2 years requirement, but I have a property there and bank accounts transacting every month for property payments.

Part 2:
Once I get RRV (hopefully), I want to take my family along, because otherwise kids schooling would be affected and there are a few other personal reasons.

So want to know what options I have so that my family can relocate with me? Can I apply for Partner Visa now (before my RRV application and being abroad)? That way if their visa is received until my RRV is granted, we can travel together.

Or is it a must for me to be in Australia to sponsor my family? That is a cumbersome process of waiting for around 18 to 24 months, being away from family.

What do you suggest please?

Thanks and Cheers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Please advise on how to intimate the CO about change in circumstances? We need to intimate the arrival of our child (Yet to named) in Partner visa 309.

We both are in India and we submitted my wife's 309 Partner visa a while ago. ( planning to travel once the restrictions gets relaxed)
Hi,

Could you please advise me.

I got my 190 PR grant way back in Sept 2017. Due to the terminal illness of my mother, I just did my first landing and came back to India. Since then I have been living and working in India. I recently got married and wish to take my wife along with me to Australia in the next few months. However, I have been advised by my agent that I need to have a minimum residence of 3 months inside Australia before I can sponsor my wife for the 309 visa. The agent claims I would be required to furnish a copy of my lease deed, utility bills and bank account with history of transactions of at least 3 months while being in Australia?

My query is, is that really the case since I had always planned to go with my wife to Australia together. My plan was to file her 309 visa and then take her along on a visitor visa.

Is the advice provided by the agent correct or is there another way? I look forward to your reply as you have been through the process.

Best Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone who applied 309 on or before june 2019 and still waiting??
Not sure whats happrning as I recently noticed sep 2019 ones are getting granted.
Do they not follow any order.
Similar cases as of mine (onshore applicant) getting grants even though they have applied later than me.
(Same country, same processing office)
Any suggestions??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Need Expert Advice.
Here is the background information of my case.
I got my PR 189 visa in September 2017. I travelled to Australia in January 2018 and spend almost 3 months. I returned back to Pakistan for some Government Job reasons. Got married in 2019 and went to the USA at the end of 2020 due to my spouse PhD scholarship.
I am currently in the USA and planning to travel back permanently next year, few months before my must-not arrive date which is September 2022. I hope by that time covid and travel situation will be much improved.

I have few questions.
I am planning to apply for my Partner visa 309/100. Should I apply for that visa when I get back to Australia next year or I should apply here in the USA? Does applying for a partner visa when I am onshore next year is going to be faster in the process as compared to apply while I am here in the USA?
What the current actual processing time for that visa? Do people are getting that partner visa in less time than it's mentioned on the immigration website.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,

Could you please advise me.

I got my 190 PR grant way back in Sept 2017. Due to the terminal illness of my mother, I just did my first landing and came back to India. Since then I have been living and working in India. I recently got married and wish to take my wife along with me to Australia in the next few months. However, I have been advised by my agent that I need to have a minimum residence of 3 months inside Australia before I can sponsor my wife for the 309 visa. The agent claims I would be required to furnish a copy of my lease deed, utility bills and bank account with history of transactions of at least 3 months while being in Australia?

My query is, is that really the case since I had always planned to go with my wife to Australia together. My plan was to file her 309 visa and then take her along on a visitor visa.

Is the advice provided by the agent correct or is there another way? I look forward to your reply as you have been through the process.

Best Regards
This does not seem to be a correct advice, you can sponsor your spouse with out even staying in Australia.
What if you did go to Australia but have a valid PR and want to sponsor your spouse.
Just that the Australia documents will boost the application but it is not mandatory as such.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,
we recently lodged the 100 partner visa and now I am wondering what if we both relocated to overseas for our jobs, would it effect the visa application? Is there any condition that both the applicant and sponsor should live in Australia?

On the website it says 14 to 21 months for processing, so do we need to wait until the outcome of visa or can we relocate to different country?
Looking for expert advice or from someone who was in my position.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33021 - 33040 of 33101 Posts