Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I sponsored my Ex back in 2016 and withdraw the sponsorship soon after our divorce which was a month or so after the partner visa was approved. Now I am married again and want to sponsor my wife. During application. The question asked is : did i sponsor any partner before? As i have withdrawn the sponsorship do I answer Yes or NO? Hope someone clears by doubt. thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Hello,

I sponsored my Ex back in 2016 and withdraw the sponsorship soon after our divorce which was a month or so after the partner visa was approved. Now I am married again and want to sponsor my wife. During application. The question asked is : did i sponsor any partner before? As i have withdrawn the sponsorship do I answer Yes or NO? Hope someone clears by doubt. thanks in Advance.
You cannot sponsor another partner till 5 years, unless you can get waiver under the rules also given below
So first you have to ask yourself, if at all you are eligible to sponsor?

Limitations on sponsorship
A sponsor who has previously sponsored a partner or prospective marriage visa applicant cannot sponsor another partner or prospective marriage visa applicant until at least five years have passed since the first application was made.
A person who themselves were granted a partner or prospective marriage visa is also prevented from sponsoring a partner or prospective marriage visa applicant until at least five years have passed since they made their own visa application.
A person may sponsor two partner or prospective marriage visa applicants in total.
The sponsorship limitations referred to above may be waived if the sponsor has compelling circumstances affecting them. These include but are not limited to situations where the previous fiancé or partner has died or left the relationship, leaving young children
a new relationship is formed that is long-standing or involves dependent children of the relationship.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/30partners

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. How do I know that I can get an exception coz My wife can only live with me for one more month now on visit. How can i prove that this relationship gonna be long standing? Is there any chance in my case to apply within 5 years of first sponsorship. And also Its already 3 years since my first application, and the processing time I see now is around 25 Months. Which is more than 2 years. So Can I include the 2 years processing time in the overall 5 years or not? Thanks again for your help.. Cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for your reply. How do I know that I can get an exception coz My wife can only live with me for one more month now on visit. How can i prove that this relationship gonna be long standing? Is there any chance in my case to apply within 5 years of first sponsorship. And also Its already 3 years since my first application, and the processing time I see now is around 25 Months. Which is more than 2 years. So Can I include the 2 years processing time in the overall 5 years or not? Thanks again for your help.. Cheers.
BTW, how did you get your wife to live with you in Australia? a visitor/tourist visa?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could someone please advise.

I have previously been sponsored for Partner Visa 820/801 but visa was refused due to relationship breakdown. I am approaching 4 years of initial application.

I went overseas after getting legally divorced.

I am now overseas and eligible for 189 visa. I have another partner, can i add my partner on new 189 visa as dependent, will i have any issues ?

i will also be claiming 5 partner points as my partner has assessed qualification and occupation on sol list.

Please advise thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Yeah it should be alright I reckon, just make sure that you give them all the facts honestly & clearly.

Good luck!!

Girl Aussie

Could someone please advise.

I have previously been sponsored for Partner Visa 820/801 but visa was refused due to relationship breakdown. I am approaching 4 years of initial application.

I went overseas after getting legally divorced.

I am now overseas and eligible for 189 visa. I have another partner, can i add my partner on new 189 visa as dependent, will i have any issues ?

i will also be claiming 5 partner points as my partner has assessed qualification and occupation on sol list.

Please advise thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts