Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have found reading up all the information from this forum very helpful and I'm wondering whether you can help me check if I will have all the required documents for unmarried partner visa application or I should give up and apply for tier 2 visa with my employer.

My partner is a British citizen and I'm Canadian.

I have a tier 5 working holiday visa from 16th Dec 2013~15th Dec 2015 and I have been living/will live with my partner for the entire duration.

I will have multiple bills and HMRC, bank letters covering 20 January 2014~December 2015 (I will ask the bank to issue a letter right on 15th Dec 2015)

For the missing month, 16 Dec 2013~20 Jan 2014, my partner owns a property in Wales, would it be acceptable if he drafts a tenancy agreement for the period between him and me proving that we were living together in Wales for that month?

I'm planning on applying for this visa from Canada in January, I've considered an alternative which is to have my parents in Canada draft tenancy agreement for the month of January 2016 with both our names. Would this be better than the above option? Is it believable if I have both?

I do have the option of a tier 2 visa, however I need to pay thousands of pounds for a lawyer required by my employer on top of all the cost and it's still not guaranteed so my preferred option would be partner visa, I'm just trying to evaluate my chances.

Thank you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Where were you during the first month in UK? Can you find any bills, letters to show you lived at same address?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa,

I immediately moved to my partner's rented property in London, but my earliest offcial letter (HMRC) is dated 20 Jan 2014. We have been living in the same property up till now, the first month we spent most of it in London then went to China to visit my family on 12 January 2014, came back 4 February 2014.

As you can see, I have problem proving that I lived in the same address as my partner for the first month, hence I thought of the alternative solutions.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
But that's telling lies and producing fictitious documents, which can get you banned from UK and deported. Just any bills will do, not just official ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.