Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently been granted an Australian PR and planning to get married soon.

I want to apply for my wife a partner visa to come with me to Australia and I am the sponsor currently overseas and not planning to permanently move to Australia before getting my wife visa.

Is that possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

I have recently been granted an Australian PR and planning to get married soon.

I want to apply for my wife a partner visa to come with me to Australia and I am the sponsor currently overseas and not planning to permanently move to Australia before getting my wife visa.

Is that possible?

Please assist.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, one of the main criteria for Sponsor is: usual resident i.e. You live and work in Australia.

Girl Aussie

The application is for two visas first first one is temporary and second one is permanent. This stipulation is not clear whether it is for the temporary or permanent. I asked one agent and he said I can still apply.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Your partner has to apply first for temporary visa, after 2 years if relationship continues she will be granted permanent visa provided additional docs are submitted to DIBP.

As a Permanent Resident of AU :Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen sponsors must usually live in Australia.

Girl Aussie

The application is for two visas first first one is temporary and second one is permanent. This stipulation is not clear whether it is for the temporary or permanent. I asked one agent and he said I can still apply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts