Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently in Australia and have Bridging Visa B after I applied for Partner Visa.

I wanted to inquire if it's possible to apply for PR as well while I have another application in processing? Since the timeline if about 24 months for Partner Visa (I am only 7 months in the process) and PR is less so I was thinking if there's a way to shorten the timeline.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

I am currently in Australia and have Bridging Visa B after I applied for Partner Visa.

I wanted to inquire if it's possible to apply for PR as well while I have another application in processing? Since the timeline if about 24 months for Partner Visa (I am only 7 months in the process) and PR is less so I was thinking if there's a way to shorten the timeline.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yes you can apply for the PR while on a bridging visa for another lodged visa application.

However, do understand that you can hold only 1 visa at a time. Whichever visa is granted later will cancel out the previous one. If you are granted the PR first, followed by the Partner visa, the latter will supersede the PR.

If you lodge the PR, make sure you withdraw the Partner visa ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts