Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

Need your expert advise on deciding visa application for spouse.

I have received sub-class visa invitation. What makes more sense, include spouse in visa application now or go for partner visa at a later date once I have got job there and its possible to sustain family in Australia.

Regards,

ACS: 03 Oct 13, EOI: 04-Oct-13, Invitation: 20 Oct 13

G

·
Though it seems wise to wait until you have a job it would actually cost you a lot more.

You will still need to get PCC and medical for your wife for your application even if she is not migrating because she is your dependent.

You cant usually sponsor your partner until you are 'usually resident' in Australia.

$5000 ish for the spouse visa and all the medicals, police checks etc.

Spouse visa requires much more evidence than you would need to provide if adding as dependant to your own visa. All the evidence needs to be certified, that always costs.

It takes 12 months to process during which time you will be separated. If it takes you a year to find a decent job that makes it 2 years away from your wife!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it, you are right. I check dependent visa fees is A$1760 whereas for partner visa fees A$5000. So there is no advantage, it makes more sense to make dependent application now.

One more question, can my spouse also work in Australia in this case?

G

·
Yes they can. They actually get their own visa based on you qualifying which is independent of yours once granted. She will have full rights as a permanent resident to work, medicare etc.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes they can. They actually get their own visa based on you qualifying which is independent of yours once granted. She will have full rights as a permanent resident to work, medicare etc.
Hi Kindly can you give your input on my situation..

What are the prerequisites for adding dependents in once PR application...for example I have to add my Wife and two kids in my application..what documents I have to arrange and submit...My issue is that I thought of applying my self first as my AGE threshold is reaching soon and as a conscious I will loose 5 Points so I did not bother to arrange for any kind of document needed for the dependents to include in my application..

But now after knowing how difficult and lengthy the family visa can get I am thinking of editing my EOI and include my dependents on it also..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe you will need atleast the following:
1. Birth certificate
2. Passport copy
3. Spouse education certificates with medium of English shown as English - did in my case
4. PCC whenever requested
5. Medical whenever requested
6. Marriage certificate
7. Form 1022??

·
Registered
337 Posts
I believe you will need atleast the following:
1. Birth certificate
2. Passport copy
3. Spouse education certificates with medium of English shown as English - did in my case
4. PCC whenever requested
5. Medical whenever requested
6. Marriage certificate
7. Form 1022??
Thanks for your reply..

To show that education was in English..Degree and transcripts are enough or we have to provide some thing else also..

6. Marriage certificate

Marriage certificate's English translation with notary attestation is enough ???

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe you need to get a letter from the college or the university stating that the medium of conduct was English.
On marriage certificate, I am not sure mate though I believe that it should do the job for you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dear Seniors, I have a question.
What if, a person is granted a visa (subclass 190) and after that, defacto partner decide to move also? What are his options?
Can he apply for partner visa while the partner, the owner of the grant is still outside Australia? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got it, you are right. I check dependent visa fees is A$1760 whereas for partner visa fees A$5000. So there is no advantage, it makes more sense to make dependent application now.

One more question, can my spouse also work in Australia in this case?
Hi Apkash,

I can find the fees to be AUD 3085 for Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100). Is there any additional cost except the medical and PCC which amount it to AUD 5000.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Independent or Family visa ????

Hi Guys,

I am in a confusion now..Should I go for an Independent visa for myself and once go an settle in Aus, later take a family visa for my wife and kid.....OR go for a family visa now itself.

Which one is better....please help me..

Thanks,
Anish

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I am about to get married on March and my fiance was previously married but he is already annulled.
We are planning to lodge an Spouse Australian visa as i have a permanent residency visa, but we intend not to declare the previous marriage due to child custody agreement that if he remarries again before the child turns 12, the custody will turn in favor of her grandmother (Mother's side) and we don't want that to happen. Since we are not going to declare his previous marriage, would it be considered as misrepresentation or fraud in the application?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Though it seems wise to wait until you have a job it would actually cost you a lot more.

You will still need to get PCC and medical for your wife for your application even if she is not migrating because she is your dependent.

You cant usually sponsor your partner until you are 'usually resident' in Australia.

$5000 ish for the spouse visa and all the medicals, police checks etc.

Spouse visa requires much more evidence than you would need to provide if adding as dependant to your own visa. All the evidence needs to be certified, that always costs.

It takes 12 months to process during which time you will be separated. If it takes you a year to find a decent job that makes it 2 years away from your wife!
Hi shel,
What is the best way we can take our partners to Australia at the earliest, once we get married? The reason why i am asking is, i am getting married by June'14 but my VISA is already under processing (except PCC i am done with everything). At this point, can i add my would-be as an additional applicant? If so, will that delay my processing? If so, what is the average timeframe i need to wait?
Also after going through few threads in our forum, i see that for our dependents, they will be giving a seperate VISA which is valid for only 2 years and we may have to renew the same after its expiry? And as you mentioned the processing time is around an year, which is too much for my case.
So i am curious to know by any ways we can speed up the processing and get the VISA at the earliest for our partners?

P.S: Sorry for bugging with lot many questions

1 - 15 of 15 Posts