Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just after a little clarification regarding the partner visa.

I am soon to be sponsoring my partner who wishes to live with me in the UK and who is applying under Category A + D from Australia where I will be providing most, if not all of the financial requirements laid out in the rules. All being well.

I have accessible cash savings of £24,000 but am actually on a relatively low income of just over £1,000 a month of which I have pay slips for the past 6 months. The cash savings have also been in my account for over 6 months now.

So will she qualify based on my earnings/savings?

Regards,

drl989

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If you earn £12,000 gross, you are £6,600 short. To meet the shortfall through savings, you need 6600 x 2.5 + 16000 = £32,500 in savings, so you are short by £8,500. Unless she has savings to that value, you don't meet the financial requirement. You can boost your income through overtime or getting a second job, but her income doesn't count.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your response. In actual fact my Gross Pay is just over 15,000 per annum.

Therefore, by my calculations, the shortfall is 3,600.

2.5 X 3,600 + 16,000 = 25,000

Do you agree?

regards

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You said your monthly pay was £1,000, which I took to be your gross pay. So your gross pay is over £1,250 a month. You didn't make it clear. Your calculation is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Savings.

Thank you, the advice you provide is so very much appreciated.

I do have one final question. If and when the visa is granted will I have to retain the savings for further review down the line by the UKBA? As in, am I then able to utilise the money and move it around?

Kind regards,

drl1989

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
In 2.5 years you'll have to apply for FLR (M) which has the same financial requirements. The good news is that your spouses income will count toward meeting the requirement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.