Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at applying for a subclass 801 visa onshore, from a tourist visa. what are the processing times and can i actually apply from a 3 month tourist visa?

My wife and son are australians and both hold aussie passports

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi all,

Looking at applying for a subclass 801 visa onshore, from a tourist visa. what are the processing times and can i actually apply from a 3 month tourist visa?

My wife and son are australians and both hold aussie passports
Does your visa has condition 8503 "no further stay" tied to it. If yes then you cant apply for onshore spouse visa. These days tourist visa's are issued with this clause.
Simply means you cant extend your tourist visa from onshore and hence cant bridge it with some other permanent visa. You can find out if this clause is attached to your tourist visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from England apparently i now need an evisitor, cant find any information on these, or what the clauses could be. any ideas?

·
Registered
208 Posts
from England apparently i now need an evisitor, cant find any information on these, or what the clauses could be. any ideas?
Oh sorry i assumed you already have a tourist visa with you.
Well you are going to apply for a tourist visa for 3 months . In your grant letter the condition would be mentioned, if the above condition is not imposed you can go ahead and lodge your spouse visa.
So as soon as your 3 months visa expires you would be on bridge with the spouse visa.

Tourist visa usually comes with the aforementioned condition imposed on them these days. So only option would be to apply for a offshore visa instead.

In case of EVisitor visa AHC might label this on your visa when you arrive at Australia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts