Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife applied for Partner visa 309 in India and case officer said to undergo medicals. When she did the

medicals the Global Health said to undergo further examination (second time with further details) as she

has low vision by birth. Now the second medicals are done and 4 weeks are completed even after second

medicals are done. I have applied for tourist visa also. But for tourist visa the CO is saying she can

give tourist visa only after medicals are cleared.

Does any one know how along the medicals take to get cleared if there is a eye problem.

How along it will take to get medicals cleared if they have asked further details or second time. I

haven't received any acknowledgement or status on medicals. I think she has to wait in queue till she gets

her time.

Will any conditions apply if there is an eye problem and what would be the conditions

Why tourist visa is on hold due to medical clearance

Please let me know, thanks in advance

G

·
Because if she is granted a tourist visa then fails medicals DIBP see that she may overstay her tourist visa.

Her passing medicals depends on lots of stuff. Does it require treatment? Does it stop her working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Shel. Can you please explain what is DIBP. Do you think the remedicals would have gone to MOC and will take 3 months to get cleared, thanks

G

·
Department of Immigration and Border Protection, they recently changed their name.

Yes i would wait at least 3 months for the doctors to be done assessing them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so 3 months for medicals and another 3 months for CO to process, in total it will be more than 6 months is it. At present I have already completed 2 months. Do I get any intimation that its done.

What is the procedure after medicals are assessed and cleared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts