Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Good day! My PR visa was granted in April 2012 and will expire on April 2017 (V175 VISA). I visited Australia in 2013 for 15 days to meet first entry requirement and then went back to my home country Bangladesh and did not come back to Australia till now. Recently I have married and want to apply for partner migration. I am planning to be in Australia with my partner in next year.

Now the point I want to know is that should I be in Australia while I apply for my partner? or I can apply from my home country? Please note that - I am working full time in Bangladesh and only lived 15 days in Australia in last 3 years after granting PR visa and I still have 2 years validity of my PR VISA.

Moreover, Whats the IELTS score required for my partner.

Please help me with your expert knowledge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello guys. I have the same situation as the TS. After activating my grant I returned to my home-country and got mariried. May my wife apply for 309 Partner Visa while I'm (as a sponsor) currently not in Australia.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Australian permanent residents must be ordinarily resident in Australia to sponsor someone for a partner visa. This is not the case with Australian citizens, who can sponsor someone even if they are living overseas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts