Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wanted to know that if i score 60Points in my evaluation for some reason and want to claim points for partner skills, then what if,

- My Partner skills are not in the Skilled occupations list but she is good at her english(IELTS score 6), has a degree(Graduate), has some work experience too(2 years).
- Is it mandatory to have skills matching those in the SOL list? Cant i claim points for other attributes like English?, BCOM? her age?
If i could claim, then i wouldnt need a good score in my own IELTS exam.
- If i dont want to claim points for my wife but want to save on the 2nd installation then she needs to get a 4.5 in the IELTS exam. Is that correct?. Not more than 4.5????

Any Ideas
thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
107 Posts
From this page: Partner Skills - Points

You can claim 'partner skills' points if your partner is also able to satisfy the basic requirements of age, English language ability, has nominated an occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as the primary applicant for which they have obtained a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and they meet the Australian study requirement or have recent work experience in a skilled occupation which is on the SOL as the primary applicant.

So you need to have your spouse's skills assessed by relevant authority before you can claim the points based on that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From this page: Partner Skills - Points

You can claim 'partner skills' points if your partner is also able to satisfy the basic requirements of age, English language ability, has nominated an occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as the primary applicant for which they have obtained a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and they meet the Australian study requirement or have recent work experience in a skilled occupation which is on the SOL as the primary applicant.

So you need to have your spouse's skills assessed by relevant authority before you can claim the points based on that.
Sorry,thats a little confusing.
Here a few points
1) My Wife's occupation is NOT on the SOL
2) She has good english speaking abilities

Now,
My Question is ,

1)Will i get points for good english skills that my wife possesses?
2) Since she is NOT on the SOL, can i still try to claim points for her?
2) How much my wife need to score if she is only applying as a dependant . is it 4.5 or more?
3) In anycase, will the points that she gets, add on to mine and cover up for any loss?

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry but it is clear from DIACC's website that:

has nominated an occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

So you won't be able to claim points based on her skills.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but it is clear from DIACC's website that:

has nominated an occupation on the same Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

So you won't be able to claim points based on her skills.
Thanks wanderer
Ok Now that its clear that if she in not on the SOL then i cant claim points on her, but if i want to apply for her as my depedent (i am applying under 175 visa scheme), what score does she need for me to avoid paying the 2nd installation of money. Is it 4.5 or more?

thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
As per this page:

You must provide one of the following:

your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.

Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.

evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English

evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English

evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:

your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or
at least five years of secondary education.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
you will not get points for your spouse's "Good" english..you will rather not have to pay the second installment of fees..
your spouse's occupation must be in the SOL list and she needs to get the assessment done by the relevant assessment authorities .only after this will you be able to claim the partner points...

Sorry,thats a little confusing.
Here a few points
2) She has good english speaking abilities

Now,
My Question is ,

1)Will i get points for good english skills that my wife possesses?
2) Since she is NOT on the SOL, can i still try to claim points for her?
2) How much my wife need to score if she is only applying as a dependant . is it 4.5 or more?
3) In anycase, will the points that she gets, add on to mine and cover up for any loss?

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for information.
THe rule stays the same if i want to add my parents to the application. So there is no other way rather than pay up the 2nd installment for my parents since they dont know english:(.
How do people generally bring parents to Australia? especially 175 holders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.