Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

We are applying for DIAC 175 visa and have all the necessary documents ready which includes the positive skills assessment from ACS for me and my wife.

Before applying I was checking the DIAC website to make sure we aren't missing anything. I came across the eligibility for secondary applicants and it says IELTS results should not be more than 12 months old.

We got the IELTS results back in Aug 2010, which is okay in my case per DIAC website. However, I am now confused about my wife's results. Can I use her result from 2010 or need to take the test again?

Also the website says if the professional qualification was in English medium then that can also be used as evidence for English competence. What evidence can be used in this case?

Please help.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dear Members,

We are applying for DIAC 175 visa and have all the necessary documents ready which includes the positive skills assessment from ACS for me and my wife.

Before applying I was checking the DIAC website to make sure we aren't missing anything. I came across the eligibility for secondary applicants and it says IELTS results should not be more than 12 months old.

We got the IELTS results back in Aug 2010, which is okay in my case per DIAC website. However, I am now confused about my wife's results. Can I use her result from 2010 or need to take the test again?

Also the website says if the professional qualification was in English medium then that can also be used as evidence for English competence. What evidence can be used in this case?

Please help.
Your wife IELTS is now invalid for DIAC, she needs to re-do IELTS test.

Otherwise you need to prove that she did her entire high school in English medium, by providing transcripts & certificate from her school confirming this.

most people just do IELTS cuz its easy and faster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.