Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am preparing my documentation to apply for NSW nomination. I’m a software engineer and my spouse is a dental technician. As our professions are in different lists (one in the MLTSSL and the other in the STSOL), according to the DIBP I can’t claim for 5 extra points due to partner skills, however, both careers are in the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List. She has all the other requirements for these points.

We are trying to understand if it would be interesting to contact the assessing authority for a skills assessment or if it wouldn’t be worthful.

Is there some way to capitalize over her skills considering our situation?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

I am preparing my documentation to apply for NSW nomination. I’m a software engineer and my spouse is a dental technician. As our professions are in different lists (one in the MLTSSL and the other in the STSOL), according to the DIBP I can’t claim for 5 extra points due to partner skills, however, both careers are in the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List. She has all the other requirements for these points.

We are trying to understand if it would be interesting to contact the assessing authority for a skills assessment or if it wouldn’t be worthful.

Is there some way to capitalize over her skills considering our situation?
Yes, you can claim 5 spouse points for 190 but not for 189.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts