Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is under 50 and has sufficient Eng skills to get required IELTS score.

However, I am confused about the 3rd point that says "My partner can pass skills assessment in an occupation on the applicable Skilled Occupations List for my subclass." She has the same degree as me, so thats not the problem, but does she need to have any work experience to get skills assessment?

Please advise.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am also having the same situation. So I asked my agent. He told, minimum of 4 years experience is needed in the past 10 years.

However, I am confused about the 3rd point that says "My partner can pass skills assessment in an occupation on the applicable Skilled Occupations List for my subclass." She has the same degree as me, so thats not the problem, but does she need to have any work experience to get skills assessment?

Please advise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Min. 4 years experience for a dependent? Can anyone else confirm this, this looks so not possible?
I am looking to claim 5 points from my wife qualification, not sure what the exact criteria is!

·
Registered
23,862 Posts

Please advise.
To get a positive skills assessment, the assessing authority generally deduct 2-4 months from the experience towards AQF

So it is better to have more then 4 years but at least 2 years to have a reasonable chance of getting a positive assessment

Which Anzsco code are you aiming for ?
Also don't underestimate IELTS test
Those born and living in England sometimes find it difficult to get 6 in all modules

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To get a positive skills assessment, the assessing authority generally deduct 2-4 months from the experience towards AQF

So it is better to have more then 4 years but at least 2 years to have a reasonable chance of getting a positive assessment

Which Anzsco code are you aiming for ?
Also don't underestimate IELTS test
Those born and living in England sometimes find it difficult to get 6 in all modules

Cheers
Hi Thanks for the answer.

My wife is actually a house-wife with no exp. Does this mean there is no way for me to get those 5 points?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Hi Thanks for the answer.

My wife is actually a house-wife with no exp. Does this mean there is no way for me to get those 5 points?

Thanks.
Is she an IIT graduate ?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
you need to have at least two years exp

Reactions: Enzali

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in same boat,

My code is 261313-software engineer and submitted EOI, and going for partner skills, should my wife also be in this code 261313 or any software occupation groups like 261112 -system Analyst or 261**** software tester

Here it says
"

If your partner meets the general criteria for a visa application (under 50 years of age, competent English skills and has

an occupation which falls on the same list as yours) you may be able to claim five points"

So ideallly List means SOL or CSOL or newly formed list

·
Registered
413 Posts
I am in same boat,

My code is 261313-software engineer and submitted EOI, and going for partner skills, should my wife also be in this code 261313 or any software occupation groups like 261112 -system Analyst or 261**** software tester

Here it says
"

If your partner meets the general criteria for a visa application (under 50 years of age, competent English skills and has

an occupation which falls on the same list as yours) you may be able to claim five points"

So ideallly List means SOL or CSOL or newly formed list
-
Your partner should be in newly formed list if you are applying to claim points in new fiscal year. And ACS deduct 2-4 years for IT/relevant degree holders depending on how much courses of study are aligned to courses teached in Australian universities.

Regards,
Yousuf

·
Registered
23,862 Posts
Not sure what IIT means, but she did BS Computer Engg. (4 years), same as me.

Please advise.
She would need minimum 2 years experience to get a positive assessment

So no chances of claiming partner points
Look towards English and try to score 20

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Yes thanks man. I scored 7+ each in IELTS, now retaking PTE in 2 weeks to try and get 79+ in each and claim 20 points!

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts

Please advise.
The answer depends on which skilled occupation she would be assessed under. Some occupations (for example IT-related occupations) require some work experience. Other occupations (for example Engineering occupations) do not require any work experience. She simply needs enough to pass the skills assessment requirement.

Reactions: Enzali
1 - 13 of 13 Posts