Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am a Cisco VoIP engineer and have experience of 4.5 years till date. As per the rules if I go through ACS Assessment my 2 years will be deducted from total experience. I have my English exam next month. I am trying to get 8 in each but if i get 7 , can I go for partner points as my wife has done MCA? She is currently
a Post Graduate teacher, teaches computer science and have 1 year of experience. If this can be considered, from where can I get it assessed?
ACS or any other assessment body?

Please help.

Regard,

Sumit

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
To claim points for partner skills, she will need to get a positive skills assessment for an occupation that is on the same list as yours (if your is on SOL then hers must be on SOL, if your is on CSOL then hers must be on CSOL) and she must also have Competent English (e.g. 6 on each component of IELTS, etc.) Once you identify which occupation she would qualify for, that will identify who the appropriate assessment authority is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Maggie-May24,

She is a Secondary teacher and i see that her occupation is in SOL list. Is there any requirement of minimum experience to claim partner points?

Regards,

Sumit

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Maggie-May24,

She is a Secondary teacher and i see that her occupation is in SOL list. Is there any requirement of minimum experience to claim partner points?

Regards,

Sumit
From claiming points perspective, there is no requirement to have any experience. Just positive skills assessment, and English. However, the assessing body whom you approach for assessment might require a certain qualification, certificate, license, as well as a certain amount of work experience in the said occupation. To know more, visit this link: Skilled Occupations List (SOL), and click on the assessing authority besides her occupation. Check their requirements and per-conditions and see for yourself if she qualifies for an assessment.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It can be very difficult for teachers from India to get a positive skills assessment, as I believe the structure of the degree program doesn't usually meet the assessment criteria. Perhaps check out any threads that deal with with this occupation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts