Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello experts,

My name is Muhammad. My wife has applied as an Accountant General and had been sponsored by NSW state two days ago for sponsorship and according to them soon she will get a visa invite from DIBP. As we fall in the same occupation, we need to claim the 5 points for partner. According to DIBP website:

"You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

were under 50 years of age
had at least competent English
had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation."

We are way under 50. She has 7+ in IELTS all 4 components and I had 6+ in all. I had assessed my migration assessment with cpa for the same occupation where for the same occupation code as of her's, my education criteria was met but because I couldn't score 7 in all components of ielts my assessment outcome was negative by CPA. They have clearly mentioned in their comments that the negative outcome was just because of Ielts however dibp partner requirements of ielts is minimum 6 in all which is met. My question is how can I claim that 5 points and what do I need to have in order to prove the last two points of DIBP which are

had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation

had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Guys please help. Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Muhammad

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do. But as an individual candidate, the requirement is 7 bands each in academic, whereas for partner the requirement is 6 by DIBP. I have 6+ in all 4 components but not 7. What should I do?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I do. But as an individual candidate, the requirement is 7 bands each in academic, whereas for partner the requirement is 6 by DIBP. I have 6+ in all 4 components but not 7. What should I do?
You have to satisfy all requirements about skill assessment and DIBP

for Skill: you must get academic IELTS 7 each
for DIBP: make sure you have at least IELTS 6 each
So base on 2 above criterias: you must get 7 each to satisfy all requirements

1 - 4 of 4 Posts