Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Evidence required - a positive assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partners nominated occupation (your partners nominated occup must be ON THE SAME skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation).

What does the above mean? If I'm an account, my wife needs to be an accountant too?? Pls clarify.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hi everyone,

Evidence required - a positive assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your partners nominated occupation (your partners nominated occup must be ON THE SAME skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation).

What does the above mean? If I'm an account, my wife needs to be an accountant too?? Pls clarify.
No any occupation from SOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

So I need to send her degree and get assessed too? What if she is house wife??

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

So I need to send her degree and get assessed too? What if she is house wife??
If your partner is included in your application you may be awarded points if at time of
invitation, he or she:
• is able to satisfy ‘basic requirements’ including age, English language ability and nominated occupation; and
• has obtained a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation.

How can you claim points for partner skills if she is house wife ??? House wives are not in SOL list. She needs to be working and number of exp required depends upon the relative assessing authority you are assessing with.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your partner is included in your application you may be awarded points if at time of
invitation, he or she:
• is able to satisfy ‘basic requirements’ including age, English language ability and nominated occupation; and
• has obtained a suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation.

How can you claim points for partner skills if she is house wife ??? House wives are not in SOL list. She needs to be working and number of exp required depends upon the relative assessing authority you are assessing with.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Karan

So she has to get her degree assessed and should have work experience of min 3 years to get the 5 points?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts