Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (a US citizen) sent off my printed out online application (+ Appendix 2) for a settlement visa + supporting documents to Sheffield last week, but yesterday they sent a message mentioning that more could be sent.

...If you have made a Settlement application (except for applications lodged in USA and Canada): you must ensure that your UK sponsor has sent all relevant supporting documentation to the visa section in Sheffield. The documents should be arranged in this order: application form and relevant Appendix* (See below); English language evidence; relationship documents; maintenance documents; accommodation documents. If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided.

If you have already had your supporting documents scanned in at the Visa Application Centre, or if you have already sent them in to us, please ignore the request for documents.
We got nearly everything from past checklists from this site for visa applications, although some of his supporting documents (proof of accommodation, payment records, etc) got stuck in UPS and never left the UK, so I couldn't send them with my documents.

We went a bit overkill with some of the other documents, but should he send those items he had to Sheffield as well?

·
Registered
924 Posts
proof of accommodation and payslips/ bank statements from your spouse are one of THE most important pieces of documents for a settlement visa.

Your partner must send these to Sheffield.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am not sure if I understood your query correctly, but it might help if you shared what you have sent by way of proof of accommodation and financial sponsorship?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking back at some lists of supporting documents, it does look like he might still have some fairly important stuff still. His P60, copy of passport bio page,other accommodation stuff. It's all been stuck with UPS in the UK for nearly 2 weeks, so hopefully he gets his package back soon.

How does he go about sending his documents to Sheffield though? I imagine just shipping to the same address I did, but what about making sure his documents get paired up with mine?

Dunno if it matters, but this is what I sent for documents:

A. Applicant’s Letter of Introduction
B. Passport and two color passport-sized photos
C. Original Birth Certificate
D. Biometrics Confirmation
1. Resume
2. Most recent job contract
3. Letters of recommendation from former/current employers
1. Bank statements
2. Tax Forms
3. Bank Letter / Verification of Deposits
G. Proposed flight itinerary to settle in England
Sponsor’s Letter of Introduction
Flight confirmations from visits
Skype Video-Call log
Handwritten letters and postcards
Photos from visits spent together

·
Registered
924 Posts
It would appear you are missing crucial financial documents as well as having no accommodation documents in there at all. Don't want to cause panic , but as it stands , I'd be very surprised if your application wasn't rejected.

I suggest you send the financial evidence and accommodation documents to Sheffield ASAP with a covering letter explaining your original omission . Add your application reference number on the cover letter.

If Joppa or any senior commentors have further advice , please share .

·
Registered
924 Posts
Documents you seem to be missing are - Sponsosrs-
P60 ,
6 months payslips,
Corresponding 6 months bank statements
Letter of employment stating period of employment , type of employment , salary and date from when your sponsor has been on this salary.

Accommodation-
Mortgage papers / rental agreement
Council tax or water or gas an electric bill
If renting , letter from landlord permitting you to live there
If sharing home With any other adults, a property inspection to rule out overcrowding also recommended.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll definitely look into sending all the stuff he wasn't able to get to me in time. Will also be a chance to add a new return label to get my documents back; I made the mistake of sending with Fedex and they can't get my stuff returned.

Thank you for the help :3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.