Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My wife is a software developer and she has only two years of experience. she is holding bachelor degree of computer science

can i claim 5 points for her..

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You can receive five points if your partner meets the following criteria.

Partner skills

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:

• were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.

Hi,
My wife is a software developer and she has only two years of experience. she is holding bachelor degree of computer science

can i claim 5 points for her..

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
she is two years only expereine, ACS will deduct thoses two years and she will get 0 points.

can i claim the points?>
It is not about her 0 points. As long as ACS certifies her to be skilled and gives a positive outcome on her assessment, you would be able to claim partner points.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Bachelor Degree of Computer Science - Is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation

PLUS her 2 years work experience IF assessed by ACS as suitable

THEN you would be able to claim Partner Points.

she is two years only expereine, ACS will deduct thoses two years and she will get 0 points.

can i claim the points?>

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bachelor Degree of Computer Science - Is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation

PLUS her 2 years work experience IF assessed by ACS as suitable

THEN you would be able to claim Partner Points.
Thanks but ACS will deduct two years which will leave 0 years experience. can i claim 5 points in this case ? as far as i know she need to be at least three years to be skilled?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Dear All,

My partner is a software developer with 2 years’ experience only. she is holding bachelor degree in computer science and has 6 in iltes.
Can I claim 5 points although she is 2 years’ experience only and ACS is going to deduct 2 years which make her experience 0 years?
as far as i know she needs atleast 3 years need to be SKILLED? is this mean i can't cliam 5 points?

Thank you

for partner points - she needs to be skilled(qualified), even if acs leaves her with zero relevant experience, still you can claim partner points, thing is acs should say that her skills matches with xyz occupation code

1 - 7 of 7 Posts