Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Claiming 5 points for Dentist

Hello Seniors,

My wife is a dentist and I am a business analyst. We both are in ACT SOL list. I want to know if I can claim 5 partner points in my 190 application for ACT.

I talked with one consultant, he told me that my wife needs to have professional registration of ADC to claim points. I do understand she can't do a job without the registration but do we need the registration for claiming points as well.

Reactions: Drathnayake

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello Seniors,

My wife is a dentist and I am a business analyst. We both are in ACT SOL list. I want to know if I can claim 5 partner points in my 190 application for ACT.

I talked with one consultant, he told me that my wife needs to have professional registration of ADC to claim points. I do understand she can't do a job without the registration but do we need the registration for claiming points as well.
She needs her occupation assessed, so as long as you have got the MSA letter, it should be fine. Now whether MSA requires her to register, that you need to find out. If MSA is already done, then you can claim given IELTS 6+ and under 50 years I think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By MSA, you mean skill assessment?
She needs her occupation assessed, so as long as you have got the MSA letter, it should be fine. Now whether MSA requires her to register, that you need to find out. If MSA is already done, then you can claim given IELTS 6+ and under 50 years I think.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dear all,

I've applied under Accountant (General) and I'm the main applicant. Wife is a dentist. Accountant (General) are in MTSOL and Dentist is only under STSOL. Our professions are not in the same list.

However, if i apply under 190 (which i already have) would i be able to claim Partner points considering all other conditions are met (skill assessment, english requirement?) Since STSOL professions are able to apply under 190 only.

Kind regards,

Asad

·
Registered
220 Posts
why dont you apply for 189?

Education: Bachelor Degree (15 points)
Work Experience: 5 points
PTE Practice A: LRSW 71 67 70 72
PTE Practice B: LRSW 76 72 67 73
PTE Exam : LRSW 73 85 65 85 (10 points) (19 June)
ACS Applied: 19th July
ACS In progress status: 20th July
ACS With Assessor: 26th July
PTE Second attempt: 7th Aug

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hi,
Sorry for jumping in here. Could you confirm if my occupation is only on the STSOL list, then I can only opt for 190 and not 189?

Many thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts

Well, i have applied for 189. But applying for 189 I can't claim partner points for my partner since my partners occupation is in STSOL and my occupation is in MTSOL. Not the same list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,

Sorry for jumping in here. Could you confirm if my occupation is only on the STSOL list, then I can only opt for 190 and not 189?

Many thanks

The best way to know is to go to anzscosearch.com and search for your occupation. It will let you know which visas you can apply for.

I believe yes. You can only apply for 190.

·
Registered
220 Posts
We as a couple have the same combination. Mine 236111 is in MTSOL and she is a dentist. I am not claiming her points neither do i wish for. Currently I have 60 points and i am aiming to improve my PTE scores (79+) which will give me 70 points for 189 and it would be a lot faster than 190.

How many points are you getting as of now?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have 70, with a DOE of May-17. However my profession is accountant.

·
Registered
220 Posts
so, u should be able to get invite on 70 points, right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well from what i have read, its going to be hard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Seniors,

Hi Oz,
I have the same situation you had and can I please know about what happened with claiming your partners points. Is it necessary to have the registration for claiming the points? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear all,

I've applied under Accountant (General) and I'm the main applicant. Wife is a dentist. Accountant (General) are in MTSOL and Dentist is only under STSOL. Our professions are not in the same list.

However, if i apply under 190 (which i already have) would i be able to claim Partner points considering all other conditions are met (skill assessment, english requirement?) Since STSOL professions are able to apply under 190 only.

Kind regards,

Asad
Hi Asad,

Can I please know about the your partner's skill assessment? Did she have to go through the whole ADC examination process and ADC registration in order to do the skill assessment? Appreciate if you can help me through this, thank you!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

If I do not wish to get partner point and my partner does not apply for ACS Skill Assessment and neither appears for PTE/IELTS , just with a secondary/spouse visa, will he be able to work?

Please confirm

·
Registered
156 Posts
We as a couple have the same combination. Mine 236111 is in MTSOL and she is a dentist. I am not claiming her points neither do i wish for. Currently I have 60 points and i am aiming to improve my PTE scores (79+) which will give me 70 points for 189 and it would be a lot faster than 190.

How many points are you getting as of now?

Dear Guys,

Even my wife is Dentist.

I understand it is very difficult to claim 5 points in case of dentist, it is very tedious procedure to get the points.

If any one got the partner points (Dentist), please share the procedure.

Regards
Prakash K.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi All,

If I do not wish to get partner point and my partner does not apply for ACS Skill Assessment and neither appears for PTE/IELTS , just with a secondary/spouse visa, will he be able to work?

Please confirm
Yes they will have full working rights upon visa grant.

If you're onshore it might be more complex in depending on the previous visa held I think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes they will have full working rights upon visa grant.

If you're onshore it might be more complex in depending on the previous visa held I think.
Hi PrettyIsotonic....thanks for your response.

I am little confused on your last line

"If you're onshore it might be more complex in depending on the previous visa held I think.":confused2:

Can you please elaborate on the previous visa thing please?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi PrettyIsotonic....thanks for your response.

I am little confused on your last line

"If you're onshore it might be more complex in depending on the previous visa held I think.":confused2:

Can you please elaborate on the previous visa thing please?
Apologies I can see how my reply was ambiguous, I meant if onshore - if a bridging visa is granted - whether the main and/or partner had working rights, it might depend on the type of visa held before.

Upon visa grant, ones partner will have full working rights for permanent skilled visas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts