Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members,

Had a query on Claiming Partner Points. I am applying for 2613 code and my wife also has experience in the same field. But she has only 3 years of experience. Now before me going to assess her from ACS I would like to know the following

1) As per ACS she would be deducted minimum 2 years. So hoping for the best and she gets 1 years experience from ACS which is below the 3 year mark - Can I still claim for her points?

2) What if ACS deducts all 3 years - Can I still claim for her points?

She has done PTE-A

Thanks for the help in Advance

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Members,

Had a query on Claiming Partner Points. I am applying for 2613 code and my wife also has experience in the same field. But she has only 3 years of experience. Now before me going to assess her from ACS I would like to know the following

1) As per ACS she would be deducted minimum 2 years. So hoping for the best and she gets 1 years experience from ACS which is below the 3 year mark - Can I still claim for her points?

2) What if ACS deducts all 3 years - Can I still claim for her points?

She has done PTE-A

Thanks for the help in Advance
For Partner points you need Positive Assessment for Partner's experience and education, IELTS or PTE etc to be taken by partner for English Proof, Age qualification, Defacto or Marriage proof (if marriage certificate, it should be more than year old)

Im assuming your wife is the secondary applicant.

ACS deducts minimum 2 years depending on ICT major / minor etc.. if she has relevant qualification like B.Tech computer science(just an example) with 3 years in IT field, ACS deducts only 2 years and provides positive assessment.

Getting 1 year balance experience will not help you in anyway...you cannot use that to gain experience points on her behalf...her positive assessment is sufficient

Kindly note that Im telling the below point only for you and Im telling this assuming you are under false assumption that your total experience can be used for gaining experience points... If it is not well and good

Gaining experience points :- If you have 3 years experience as example, After ACS deducts 2 years, you will get 1 year experience which will give you 0 points.
So the minimum experience you need for points from experience is 5 years, as after ACS deducts 2 years you will get 3 years as relevant experience which you can claim for 5 points

Please post here if you have further questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts