Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my occupation is 233512, but my partner is 233612 which is on MLTSSL for employer sponsored visa only, not for 189.

To my understanding, I will be able to claim partner points for 189 only.

For 190, it's not.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Hi, my occupation is 233512, but my partner is 233612 which is on MLTSSL for employer sponsored visa only, not for 189.

For 190, it's not.

Thanks a lot!
As your partner is neither on MLTSSL or STSOL, you will not be able to claim partner points in both 189 or 190

Cheers

·
Registered
664 Posts

For 190, it's not.

Thanks a lot!
No, you can't claim partner points in this case. To claim partner points for 189 visa both occupations must be on the Medium and Long term list.

·
Registered
458 Posts
When both your code and your partner's code belong to same list either MTSSL or STSOL one of the criteria for claiming partner qualification becomes eligible.

233512 is available in MTSSL and 233612 is NOT available in both MTSSL and STSOL but it is available only in 186 /187 . So you cannot claim irrespectively

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot. I am confused with this because:

- In the combined list of eligible skill occupations for 2017 - 2018, 233612 is attached to MLTSSL. (Combined list of eligible skilled occupations for subclasses 457 and 186)

- I have asked an agent, they say that claiming partner in this situation is possible.

While I asked several other people and on this forum, they say no.

So I'm pretty confused.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thanks a lot. I am confused with this because:

- In the combined list of eligible skill occupations for 2017 - 2018, 233612 is attached to MLTSSL. (Combined list of eligible skilled occupations for subclasses 457 and 186)

- I have asked an agent, they say that claiming partner in this situation is possible.

While I asked several other people and on this forum, they say no.

So I'm pretty confused.
If the agent is renowned MARA member and is giving the advice in writing, then I think it carries more weight then all forum members combined

Please make sure that there is no communication gap between you and him

The final decision is yours

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts