Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a query regarding Functional English proof for my wife. We are trying to get a letter from her college stating that her medium of instruction was English during her BTech degree and as well of her 3 year Diploma.

Meanwhile, if that does not work out, we plan for PTE-Academic for her. But at the moment, it is not available in our city. Would it be possible to first fill in DIBP application stating she has not applied for any English test in the past 12 months (which is true as of now), and apply for VISA, and later when CO is assigned (might be after a month), submit the PTE results?

Please let me know...

Thanks,
Joby

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi All,

I have a query regarding Functional English proof for my wife. We are trying to get a letter from her college stating that her medium of instruction was English during her BTech degree and as well of her 3 year Diploma.

Meanwhile, if that does not work out, we plan for PTE-Academic for her. But at the moment, it is not available in our city. Would it be possible to first fill in DIBP application stating she has not applied for any English test in the past 12 months (which is true as of now), and apply for VISA, and later when CO is assigned (might be after a month), submit the PTE results?

Please let me know...

Thanks,
Joby
Yes, very much possible. The CO would ask you to submit your score or pay VAC2. Submit PTE scores then.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
After you lodge your VISA application online, CO is assigned in the next 50 days on an average (as per the current trend).
Then he would verify your application to see if ALL the documents are in place. IF not, then he would ask for missing documents and give you 28 Calender days for submitting them.

So you have plenty of time to procure Functional English Proof from your Wife's College/University.
Also time to prepare and give PTE-A exam.

So go ahead and fill the VISA application as you indicated below.

All The Best!!!

Hi All,

Please let me know...

Thanks,
Joby

Reactions: Joby85

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone, a question regarding my wife who will be the co-applicant when we apply(distant as of now but we have started the process for EOI). She has completed her Bachelors and Masters from the UK - would this suffice as proof of functional english (she completed the courses in 2008)?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hello everyone, a question regarding my wife who will be the co-applicant when we apply(distant as of now but we have started the process for EOI). She has completed her Bachelors and Masters from the UK - would this suffice as proof of functional english (she completed the courses in 2008)?
yes indeed!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Letter from college should work if the mode of study was really English. It worked in my wife's case.
Hi advik, please can you share ur wife's functional english letter from the university. I need to request a new one from the university for my wife as it seems some key words were missing. Kindly share so I can give the university and resubmit to dibp. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts