Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends,
please guide me on following questions. My PR is already received and i have made one entry in Australia. I am now married 2 years plus.

1) i am applying for partner 309/100 visa for my wife, i also have a baby girl. Do i have to only include my baby girl as migrating in partner form "47SP Application for migration to Australia by partner" under question 31 and "40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia" under question 35.
OR
2) Do i also have to apply complete new child visa separately for baby girl and fill forms like 47CH & 40CH for her?

3) if yes for point 2, which category is good for my child.

4) In either case above, do i need to fill form "1229 Consent to grant an Australia visa to child under 18 years" as she is my own child.

5) As i have not stayed there since my PR (from 2013) and want to move now with family, can i sponsor my partner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does this forum have any experts?

hi friends,
please guide me on following questions. My PR is already received and i have made one entry in Australia. I am now married 2 years plus.

1) i am applying for partner 309/100 visa for my wife, i also have a baby girl. Do i have to only include my baby girl as migrating in partner form "47SP Application for migration to Australia by partner" under question 31 and "40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia" under question 35.
OR
2) Do i also have to apply complete new child visa separately for baby girl and fill forms like 47CH & 40CH for her?

3) if yes for point 2, which category is good for my child.

4) In either case above, do i need to fill form "1229 Consent to grant an Australia visa to child under 18 years" as she is my own child.

5) As i have not stayed there since my PR (from 2013) and want to move now with family, can i sponsor my partner?
Does this forum have any experts?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
1. Your daughter would be included as a dependent in your wife's partner visa application, so you don't submit a child visa application separately.
2. N/A as you don't complete a child visa application.
3. N/A
4. No
5. You need to demonstrate that you are "usually resident" in Australia. This is most easily done if you've already moved to Australia, have a home/job here, etc. But I've heard some sponsors can still successfully sponsor their partners from outside Australia although I don't have information on how this has been done.

Reactions: girlaussie
1 - 3 of 3 Posts