Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a quick question im looking to apply for my wifes visa next week, and when I got my letter of employment for my part time job i started on June 2nd 2014, however for the first few months I was paid cash in hand after tax didnt put that money in the account as family needed it for a few months, then in December 2014 my part time wages were put into my bank account. Will that be a problem or will they look from December onwards to see its in my account. Im applying for the visa for Category B as i have a full time job for over 12months and part time job.

Hope somebody can help me out. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
There has to be a corresponding bank statement showing a deposit that matches the pay slip. Being paid cash in hand is fine but you need to have a bank statement showing that amount being deposited for it to be counted.

From FM-SE:

(n) The gross amount of any cash income may be counted where the person’s specified bank statements show the net amount which relates to the gross amount shown on their payslips
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From december onwards i have it on my bank statements for my part time wages going into my account

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Your cash-in-hand income won't be allowed because you didn't pay it into a bank account. So unless you can show that during the last 12 months you have earned at least £18,600 (but disregarding any payments in cash), then you can't sponsor your wife.
You may be able to apply under Cat A if you are in non-salaried job (e.g. hourly-paid) and on average during the past 6 months you have earned the annual total of £18,600.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can show payments from December 2014 from my part time job which I earn £6,000 and my full time job my salary is £15,724

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
If you take the lowest monthly pay from your full-time job to work out your annual total, and add the annualised total from what you've earned in the last 6 months from your part time job (presumably non-salaried so you just take an average), then the sum total has to come to at least £18,600.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So when sending the application can I mention that i was paid cash in hand when I started June 2nd 2014 for my part time job, and then from Dec 2014 wages was in my bank account and on my bank statement, every month its going on till present. Can the lowest wage be from any time during the last 12 months, because my Feb 2015 wage was my lowest pay from my full time job

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
In your employment letter, your boss can state how you were paid in cash before the relevant period you are submitting to meet the requirement in order to give a full picture, but it has no bearing on your application chances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.