Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellow Expatforum Dubai Members! :)

I'm going to be travelling back to my country for 4-5 days and I have heard that the parking in DXB International Airport Terminals is a rip-off.

Therefore I'm trying to find a place where I can park my car for free or with a very cheap cost, and then take a taxi to the Airport Terminal. Since I am very new in the country and don't know any area near Garhoud, Deira etc, may I ask if you have any suggestions regarding where I could park my car :)

I will park my car around 11.30 PM and will come back to pick it up around 2-3 AM in the morning 4 days later

Thanks a lot in advance!
Yigit

·
Registered
279 Posts
Etisalat or Rashidiya Metro Stations, if you are paying via a NOL card. They will charge you a max of AED 50. Be warned that technically you shouldn't stay more than 48 hours, but even if you do get ticketed, the fine is only AED 100 - still cheaper than parking at the terminal.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
JBr to T3 - about 90Dhs there, 110 back ?

200 Dhs is about the same as 4-5 days parking in the long stay isn't it ?

Or even more radical ........ take the Metro there and a taxi back ?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Forgive me for sounding a bit snarky.

The obvious solution is to walk to the metro and take the metro to the airport, no?

Less than 10 AED per person each way if you have a Nol card.

If you don't fancy walking, take a taxi to the metro stop.

I'm living in Jbr, so taking a cab would be an expensive option as well I'm afraid

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm all okay for the snarkiness, or sarcasm, all the better :)

Thanks a lot for your input, taking the taxi was already an option for me, so no worries on that part, however I really would have expected a couple of answers to the exact question (thanks sm105 for that btw!) so that we would have a database for a question like this, or in case I decide to move my house to IMPZ or Jebel Ali (my natural assumption is that I will get the cost calculations for taking a taxi from IMPZ to DXB now :p)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can park your car in the area behind Holiday Inn (opposite to Terminal 3) for free and walk to metro station next to Emirates HQ for max. 5 min or you can simply take a taxi to Terminal 3 that will cost you not more than 10 dirham.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
You seem to value your car less than the cost of a taxi or paid for parking, leaving your vehicle on 'open ground' puts you in a situation where there will be higher chances of your vehicle getting knocked for which your insurance is very unlikely to be interested in covering.

It'll also quite likely stand out like a sore thumb when it's the only vehicle on the plot each night when everyone else goes home.

Reactions: Chocoholic

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,931 Posts
You seem to value your car less than the cost of a taxi or paid for parking, leaving your vehicle on 'open ground' puts you in a situation where there will be higher chances of your vehicle getting knocked for which your insurance is very unlikely to be interested in covering.

It'll also quite likely stand out like a sore thumb when it's the only vehicle on the plot each night when everyone else goes home.
Hi,
Not to mention the dust layer on the car when you get back from your trip!
We left a car once for two weeks on a side road in Dubai. The car was fine - but we could not see out of the windows!!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
To be fair, the lot being referred to behind the Holiday Inn Express is almost exclusively used by airport parkers rather than local residents/workers. It is full pretty much around the clock.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Regardless of whether you park Close to metro Station it isn't going to matter as your departure and arrival times are outside the Metro's operational hours so you'll have to get a taxi from and too your car anyway. As the minimum charge from the airport is 20dhs (may be more now) you're looking at around 50 dh in fares including tips.

Another downside is that you can't have a drink on the return flight as you're going to be driving home. So for the sake of saving 150 dhs why would you leave your car parked outside in insecure parking for four days?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts