Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm moving to Dubai very soon and my company has just informed me that parking is very limited at DIC (where our office is). We've only got a number of spaces assigned, to which most will be going to senior management.

Is finding a parking space there that hectic?

·
Registered
880 Posts
It costs me about 10 (maximum 15) aed to go from Marina to Media city. Of course it depends on where you are in Marina and where you are going in Media City.

When the weather is good, you should be able to take the tram and walk.

I have parking at work otherwise I probably would never drive to work - parking is expensive and a pain to find unless you start around 7-7:30am.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the advice w_man! I'll hold off buying a car for the first couple months and see how taxi/tram is and decide after that now probably

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It costs me about 10 (maximum 15) aed to go from Marina to Media city. Of course it depends on where you are in Marina and where you are going in Media City.

When the weather is good, you should be able to take the tram and walk.

I have parking at work otherwise I probably would never drive to work - parking is expensive and a pain to find unless you start around 7-7:30am.
Good to know :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parking at DMC/DIC is very expensive and on first come first serve basis. Public transport is an alternative during the winter months (bus), the tram and metro are still a bit of a walk depending on where your office is. Otherwise taxi would be the best alternative.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Parking at DMC/DIC is very expensive and on first come first serve basis. Public transport is an alternative during the winter months (bus), the tram and metro are still a bit of a walk depending on where your office is. Otherwise taxi would be the best alternative.
Do you think if one were to live in Marina that it wouldnt be worth getting a car at all then and just use tram/metro/cabs when needed?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts