Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
What I have read till now as per that after spending 2 Years in Australia as a PR holder we can apply for our parent's PR, Right?
Till then how often n how parents cn visit Australia, can they com on tourist visa or any other visa?
Also for how long they can stay continuously and how long they have to leave Australia before visiting again

Regards,
Raman

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi,
What I have read till now as per that after spending 2 Years in Australia as a PR holder we can apply for our parent's PR, Right?
Till then how often n how parents cn visit Australia, can they com on tourist visa or any other visa?
Also for how long they can stay continuously and how long they have to leave Australia before visiting again

Regards,
Raman
This will help you: Parent category visas

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Raman
Someone told me that once we landed in Aus with PR we can get our parents with visitor visa for 3 months. For that we have to show money ..
To apply for their PR we definitely have to wait for 2 years with our PR.
Anyway I am also interested in this topic and want to see others' comments too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Raman
I have posted the link because you had multiple questions and there a lot of things you need to know before applying for PR for parents

Yes minimum 2 year is required for applying PR for parents. But the queue for getting PR for parents is 30 years

Currently they are going to pass a bill for temporary VISA for parents, period of 3-5 years, for which you have to be on PR for 4 years.

Seeing that you are from India, now Indians can apply for eVisitor VISA which generally takes less time to get

Let me know if you have any queries

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanksfor reverting,gt 2 questions
1.how long parents can stay with evisitor visa
2.for how long they have to leave australia to enter again.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hi

To sponsor parents you need to be a "settled" permanent resident - the policy for being Settled, is that you have lived in Australia for at least 2 years. This can be on a temporary visa - so if you have been living in Australia for at least two years on any visa, and then become a permanent visa holder, you can immediately sponsor your parents.

143 visa now taking about 4 years which means you don't have to get the Assurance of support and pay the Bond and non-refundable payment until just before the visa is granted. Bond for one parent is $10K refundable bond after 10 years plus non-refundable $43,600 payment. For 2 parents it is $14K refundable bond after 10 years plus non-refundable $87,200 payment

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hi Kaju

Less than 2 years processing is not correct and not even close.

They are currently processing cases lodged 2 years and 9 months ago, but anyone applying today will have a much longer wait due to large numbers of applications received in June 2015 and again in June 2017 (rumour $3,600 was going to be doubled).

4 years wait would be a conservative guess for someone lodging today

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanksfor reverting,gt 2 questions
1.how long parents can stay with evisitor visa
2.for how long they have to leave australia to enter again.
Visitor can stay for 12 months maximum in any given 18 months period.

So for example if I bring my parents from January 2018 to December 2018, then for the next 6 months they have to leave the country before coming in as Visitors

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
hi Kaju

Less than 2 years processing is not correct and not even close.

They are currently processing cases lodged 2 years and 9 months ago, but anyone applying today will have a much longer wait due to large numbers of applications received in June 2015 and again in June 2017 (rumour $3,600 was going to be doubled).

4 years wait would be a conservative guess for someone lodging today

Regards

Tony
You'll note that I updated that before you posted. ;) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts