Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm skilled level 1 permanent immigrant in Australia. Need to apply for my parents' immigration visa.
Pls let me how long it could take before they get their permanent residence visa. Both my parents are in their early 60s?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Which parent visa will they apply for? If it's the Contributory Parent Visa, it takes 18-24 months and costs approximately $50,000 AUD for each parent. If it's a non-contributory Parent Visa, it takes approx. 30 years (according to DIBP website but still too soon to say if it actually takes this long) but costs about $5800 for both.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Isnt the contributory parent visa cost about $4000 per person? That is the visa estimation that i check from the website...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you look at Note 19j, you'll see the secondary payment of $43,600 per applicant which must be paid before the visa will be granted.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Can you please tell me what's the meaning of level 1 in the above statement ?
Hi mate,

there are two stages in this subclass.......at the first stage you have to pay the first installment of AUD 4000 approx and have to submit all the required docs.

Once the same gets verified positively DIBP will ask for the other instalment to be paid so that they can issue you the visa.

Reactions: Vkind

·
Registered
363 Posts
hi guys,

my parents does not fulfill the 'balance of family requirement'.....is there any way out that they can apply for the same???

·
Registered
637 Posts
One of the common ways is to get them a visitors visa for a year or so. After which, they can spend a month or two back home and then apply again for a long term visa. I am told, this is very common and the visas are easily granted. HTH

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No, they must pass the balance of family of test to be eligible for a PR visa.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What do you mean by long term visa? Contributory Parent visa?

One of the common ways is to get them a visitors visa for a year or so. After which, they can spend a month or two back home and then apply again for a long term visa. I am told, this is very common and the visas are easily granted. HTH

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Happybuddha would be referring to a visitor visa, so that isn't a path to permanent residency. And the long-term visitor visas are only given to those applicants who have lodged a parent visa.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And what is the process to apply visit visa for parents how long it can take and for what duration they'll grant the visit visa when applied for the first time

Thnx

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
As you are a new migrant you don't meet the Sponsor criteria which is 'settled in Australia for 2 years' so you can't apply under Family Sponsored Visa but they can apply general tourist visa. For checklist check Pakistan Australian High Commission website.

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

Can I apply for visit visa for parents whereas I'm a new immigrant in sydney ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
As you are a new migrant you don't meet the Sponsor criteria which is 'settled in Australia for 2 years' so you can't apply under Family Sponsored Visa but they can apply general tourist visa. For checklist check Pakistan Australian High Commission website.

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie
If parents dont have enough ties or any property or living relatives in home country, are they issued tourist visa??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts