Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am on a PR Visa 189 with my wife in Sydney. My parents are planning to come down to visit us on a trip from India. I need to know the best suitable visa for them to come here for a trip. I am aware of Visa 600, is this the only one or do I have any other option?

Appreciate your response.

Cheers
Amit

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
How long are they hoping to stay? They can get a normal tourist visa (such as subclass 600 in the tourist stream) for 3 months. Once you've lived in Australia for two years on a permanent visa, you can also invite them in the family sponsored stream for longer (or more frequent stays).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long are they hoping to stay? They can get a normal tourist visa (such as subclass 600 in the tourist stream) for 3 months. Once you've lived in Australia for two years on a permanent visa, you can also invite them in the family sponsored stream for longer (or more frequent stays).
On Visa 600 they can just stay here for 3 months? I thought it can be extended till 12 months.

Cheers
Amit

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
If there is no '8503-No Further Stay' condition then sure they can extend their tourist visa for another 3-6 months.

Girl Aussie

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the process if plan to stay for 12 months? Do you apply for Visitor Visa 600 first and apply for visa extension when in Australia? Or can we directly get 12 months on Visitor Visa 600 alone?

Another question is about the cost. How much are the charges? I am comparing whether it is cheaper to spend on this visa or just travel in/out every 3 months.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the process if plan to stay for 12 months? Do you apply for Visitor Visa 600 first and apply for visa extension when in Australia? Or can we directly get 12 months on Visitor Visa 600 alone?

Another question is about the cost. How much are the charges? I am comparing whether it is cheaper to spend on this visa or just travel in/out every 3 months.
Cost is between 130 to 300 AUD
I think after 12 months you need to go out of the country and can enter after staying out for 6 months, not sure though. My friend's mom got Visa 600 for 3 years but she cannot stay for more than 12 months at a go. So she travels to India stay there for 6 months and then come back.

Cheers
Amit

·
Registered
960 Posts
To my knowledge 600 generally comes with 3 year validity with max stay not exceeding 6 months and 12 months in a period of 18 months.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If that's the case, once visa 600 holder has reached 12 months cap in period of 18 months, can she return forth/back to Aus on eVisa (valid 3 months)? On the 19th month, can she re-enter Aus with Visa 600? :D I'm not trying to break the law or anything, but 6 months is just too long for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts