Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Please help with the following query. My PR visa was granted on 27/06/2017. I want to bring my mother to Australia for as long as possible.
I have 3 other siblings. One living in Pakistan with my mother. One in Canada and one in England.
My father died in 1993. My mother is 61 years old. She has house in her name in Pakistan.
I am living with my wife and my income is 49000 per annum.
(1) Can you please tell me which type of visa best suits for me to bring her here? Parent or Visitor visa. Any specific visa number, I should apply for?
(2) What type of documents I need to attach?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would initially apply for a visitor visa - Visa 600. Usually for the first visa, they grant a 12 month single entry visa which will allow your mother to stay for 12 months straight. However, it all depends on the circumstances as well. The documents list is on the immi website but are the normal documents like passport copies, visa copies etc etc. Also it will help if you can give a commitment letter stating that you will responsible for all costs for your mother for eg medical, travel, accomodation etc.

There are other categories of visa too, but they are expensive and come with a waiting period.

Reactions: verynewuser

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hi,

Please help with the following query. My PR visa was granted on 27/06/2017. I want to bring my mother to Australia for as long as possible.
I have 3 other siblings. One living in Pakistan with my mother. One in Canada and one in England.
My father died in 1993. My mother is 61 years old. She has house in her name in Pakistan.
I am living with my wife and my income is 49000 per annum.
(1) Can you please tell me which type of visa best suits for me to bring her here? Parent or Visitor visa. Any specific visa number, I should apply for?
(2) What type of documents I need to attach?
Your mother would not pass the Balance Of Family test for a parent visa, so a visitor visa would be her only option.

Reactions: verynewuser

·
Registered
618 Posts
Visitor Visa 600 normal tourist stream

·
Registered
242 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts