Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have searched for the answer to this question but haven’t been able to confirm.
Here is the specific situation

My friend is sponsoring his mum only for a subclass 143 visa. His mum and dad were never married and were not even in a proper relationship and have not been together since his birth. His father has remarried and had 2 children, which are the his half siblings. Should they be included as he is only sponsoring his mum and they are not her children.
They do not have contact with them and don’t have their details. What should we do in terms of the application?
Your help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
22,389 Posts
Hi all,

I have searched for the answer to this question but haven’t been able to confirm.

My friend is sponsoring his mum only for a subclass 143 visa. His mum and dad were never married and were not even in a proper relationship and have not been together since his birth. His father has remarried and had 2 children, which are the his half siblings. Should they be included as he is only sponsoring his mum and they are not her children.
They do not have contact with them and don’t have their details. What should we do in terms of the application?
Here you go

Stepchildren born from polygamous or concurrent relationships are not counted in the balance of family test

Those 2 children will not be counted in all probability
But best to consult a good Mara agent to be sure
Cheers

·
Registered
836 Posts
Stepchildren born from polygamous or concurrent relationships are not counted in the balance of family test
What is described does not sound like it meets the definition of either a polygamous or concurrent relationship.

That might be the case if the so called gentleman was sleeping with the two women at the same time.

Rather it sounds like the father had the other children after the short affair with friends mother had ended.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi all,

Since his mom and dad had never been in a relationship therefore I don't think any sensible case officer would count these 2 children into account for family balance test for his mom. Further these 2 children are not considered as stepchildren anyway because they have never been under his mom's care. My suggestion would be clearly declaring this in the application form. And as always he better consult with a MARA agent to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts