Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Expats,
I haven't been on this forum for a while so kindly excuse me if my question has been asked before. So here is my situation, living in Australia for ~5 years, recently acquired citizenship. I have only one sibling, a sister who just moved to Australia as well (on PR). We have only one parent alive, our mother, who is now 63 and not in the best of health. She has so far been refusing to move here but we are hopeful she will concede soon and want to seriously take stock of our options. So far we have been getting her here intermittently on Tourist Visa sponsored stream. Her visa, as a default has No Further Stay (8503) clause on it. So what are our options?

So far we were under the impression that our only realistic option is to eventually migrate her on the Contributory parent (aged or otherwise). But someone recently told us of how they circumvented this by first, applying for their parents on a non sponsored stream, so their visa did not have the 8503 clause. And when they came here for 2 months, immediately applying for aged parent stream and getting the bridging visa in a matter of 10 days, all within a cost of 6k-7k for couple. This sounds too good to be true.

How many folks have been in the same boat as me and what options have they explored?
Can anyone verify that the experience stated above is in fact possible/true? If it was so simple, why would anyone even consider the contributory route?
Why don't migration agents mention this option more often?
Is there any fairly certain way of circumventing the 8503 clause?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hey there, any luck with your application. I am in exactly same situation as you and wanted to know if you were able to get a waiver on 8503?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts