Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied the parent visa 143 on 27th June 2013. They already received application, and my money was withdrawn . However, until now, I haven't received the acknowledgement letter. As far as I know it only take 1 month but the contact centre keep saying the number of application are too much at the moment. I doubt whether is the case.

Has anyone apply from Melbourne around the same time and have got the acknowledgement letter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have applied the parent visa 143 on 27th June 2013. They already received application, and my money was withdrawn . However, until now, I haven't received the acknowledgement letter. As far as I know it only take 1 month but the contact centre keep saying the number of application are too much at the moment. I doubt whether is the case.

Has anyone apply from Melbourne around the same time and have got the acknowledgement letter?
our posts have been deleted already 'cause they are all vietnamese, i will repost my cmt here, my situation is how to demonstrate my dependency, i have consulted a agent in vietnam and they've told me that i havent been to any state universities, therefore, i cant be classified as a dependent child, they are sure that I MUST be a full time student at uni if i wanna prove my dependency, im so confused and nervous now, cant stop imagine that my sis, my parent live in aus while i hav to live in vietnam alone !!! hix hix can u give me some advice T_T

·
Registered
108 Posts

I think they only take your payment when your application is accepted as a valid one- which is a good sign :) so why do you doubt what they say?
There doesn't seem to be any set time on formal acknowledgement though, & it would make sense that the more applications they receive, the longer this will take. You maybe need to acquire a more positive attitude! You are going to have to wait the next 18 months or so anyway without hearing a lot....if your application is all in order you only have the medicals etc to get through so it's one of the simpler visas to get- think happy thoughts & don't pester them :D

G

·
our posts have been deleted already 'cause they are all vietnamese, i will repost my cmt here, my situation is how to demonstrate my dependency, i have consulted a agent in vietnam and they've told me that i havent been to any state universities, therefore, i cant be classified as a dependent child, they are sure that I MUST be a full time student at uni if i wanna prove my dependency, im so confused and nervous now, cant stop imagine that my sis, my parent live in aus while i hav to live in vietnam alone !!! hix hix can u give me some advice T_T
Simply if you are over 18 you are only dependent if you are in full time education. Does not have to be uni a local college will do but it must have continued since you turned 18. You also must not have started work.

What is your situation? How old are you? Do you work? Would your parents leave you behind?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts