Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Is there anyone on the forum with local knowledge of this charming little town? Would like to find out some first hand info specific to Parcent, thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi folks. Is there anyone on the forum with local knowledge of this charming little town? Would like to find out some first hand info specific to Parcent, thanks
We live further inland from Parcent and have driven through the town and the Jalon Valley area numerous times and, in fact, it was one of the areas we looked at before buying our current house. It´s a beautiful area and has always seemed very peaceful but we found property there expensive, certainly compared to where we ended up. Also, we discovered that there had been a lot of illegal building in the area and local council corruption, which worried us a little. In recent times I recall hearing about water supply problems but can´t remember specific details. Just a couple of things to bear in mind.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have read books by a 'Mark Harrison' who wrote about the problems there that 'Skipper' mentions, amongst other things. Sounds as though there was quite a fight between the locals and the local council. It even got into the British newspapers from what I recall. It has probably changed by now though. I believe he moved to Lliber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts