Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

parcel

880 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Pazcat 
#1 ·
Hi
Anyone got any good ideas on sending parcels to benamaurel 18817 as it is a remote area seems to be very hard having parcels delivered any parcel collection points?

#2 ·
I have had the same idea, although not in the same area and not a very remote one.
If you get a PO box will they accept parcel or is there another service altogether?
Maybe if you know the courier companies you can organise in advance to be notified when you have a parcel and just go to the depot to pick it up.

#4 ·
Oh I wish they would do that here, Correos were really good until they decided to stop delivering our mail but they said they would still deliver boxes and registered mail.
However our community instead of installing communal buzons like all the neighbouring communities decide to protest every week in front of the Correos office, town hall and this week bizarrely Mercadona. This seems to have produced a tit for tat thing and now Correos wont even deliver the registered mail and I'm convinced they are withholding or sending back things.

Regardless, I tend to ignore it all and just go pick up our mail and have no interest in the stupid protests or whatever.

But that is Correos and only applies if something was sent via mail.
If I set up a PO Box at a Correos will they sign for and accept parcels from amazon that have been sent via courier?

#7 ·
I will have to investigate this then, when/if we move the town doesn't have a Correos and for one reason or another they have just renamed the street which will cause enough problems as it is but to get there you have to go down a series of one way streets and I figure if courier companies have trouble finding us now then this could be a nightmare.

I would happily pay for a service like you mention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.