Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PAR to get ready for EOI but somehow i came to know that i will not be able to claim bonus points without IQA.Is it true? or PAR will be enough for EOI.

and please if somebody can tell me that Telecommunication Engineers can claim bonus points for Absolute and Future Growth areas or not.

I have six years of experience in Telecom/ISP and i also have CCIE certification and my age is 28 Years and 4 Month right now.My wife is also a Telecommunication Engineer and she has job experience of three years.

Will i be able to claim 140 plus points or not? as i calculated points through"point calculator" but i am not sure because their could be lot of hidden things which i don't know yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
4,943 Posts
PAR is sufficient for the submission of the EOI, however if you subsequently get the invitation to apply ITA then you must have IQA assessment to guarantee the result of the qualification assessment which PAR doesn't give.

If your occupation is on the LTSSL and you meet the requirements of that occupation exactly then yes you can claim the points.

Without qualification assessment you cannot do the points indicator as you do not know what equivalent level you will receive for the qualification so you are unable to claim any points for qualifications as they are not yet recognized. All you are doing is making a guess.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I am planning to apply for PAR to get ready for EOI but somehow i came to know that i will not be able to claim bonus points without IQA.Is it true? or PAR will be enough for EOI.

and please if somebody can tell me that Telecommunication Engineers can claim bonus points for Absolute and Future Growth areas or not.

I have six years of experience in Telecom/ISP and i also have CCIE certification and my age is 28 Years and 4 Month right now.My wife is also a Telecommunication Engineer and she has job experience of three years.

Will i be able to claim 140 plus points or not? as i calculated points through"point calculator" but i am not sure because their could be lot of hidden things which i don't know yet.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
If you want LTSSL bonus point check your ANZCOS there is any indication of IPENZ letter requirement than pl go for IQA rather thanPAR, IPENZ letter required if you are in engineering category.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and please if you can tell me what is IPENZ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Institute of Professional Engineers of New Zealand. It required for non Washington accord qualification which you have. I believe Pakistan is non Washington accord member country.Please check at your end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for this info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts