Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer my question about children playing sports in France (in particular basketball and rugby). We are Canadians living in France for 1 year and our children (ages 8 to 14) are enrolled in school, etc. (We all have long stay visa’s). The problem we are facing is that our children can only practice with their club teams, but can’t play games because they need some type of number to be officially registered. I’m not sure, but think they may be referring to a Social Security number or something. I am fairly certain that we can not get one, therefore, does anyone know if there is something else the authorities will accept in order to allow our children to play sports here in France? :confused:

G

·
Any child can do competitive sports in France, but to take part in competitions (indeed even to belong to clubs in some sports), a licence is needed from a certain age. Also a doc's cert of fitness to practice the sport in question, but I presume you've got that already. Plus insurance.

So for rugby a licence FFR is needed plus insurance, and I suppose the equivalent membership of the FFBB, for basketball, although I know nothing about that sport.

Usually the clubs will advise on getting the licence, indeed they do the formalities themselves (I've a daughter who's been skiing competitively here for years, and does judo competitions and rugby too, she has a separate licence for each)...

PS Welcome to ExpatForum!

G

·
FFR / Rugby Français / Ecoles de Rugby / Actualité - FF - Rugby ....

Avis Hebdomadaire n°878

Afin de faciliter l’accueil de nouveaux jeunes pratiquants souhaitant découvrir notre discipline et après accord de notre assureur, il a été décidé ce qui suit:
« Les nouveaux pratiquants âgés de moins de 15 ans, date d’anniversaire, en cours d’affiliation au sein d’un club affilié à la FFR, bénéficieront dès leur inscription des garanties d’assurance des licenciés de la FFR jusqu'à régularisation de leur dossier de demande de licence qui devra intervenir au plus tard le 31 octobre 2009.

Ils seront donc autorisés jusqu’à cette date à pratiquer le rugby lors d’entraînements ou de rencontres amicales.

Il faut toutefois que la demande d’ « AS » ait été saisie par le club

A compter du 1er novembre 2009, nul ne sera autorisé à pratiquer le rugby au sein d’un club affilié sans avoir régularisé au préalable sa demande de licence conformément aux dispositions des articles 220 et suivants des règlements généraux de la FFR». (Règlement 2008-2009)

Le Secrétaire Général,
Alain DOUCET
Summing up there are new regs for the new season for competitive rugby. Kids under 15 in the process of joining a club are covered by temporary insurance (the same as fully licenced members have) until they have completed the full registration process themselves ; their own FFR licence applications must however be registered by October 31st latest. Over this interim period they can train or take part in friendlies.

However the AS form (insurance declaration, doctor’s medical ok etc) has to be in the Club’s possession.

From November 1st no one can play rugby with a club without first having registered for a FFR licence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.