Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my appointment on Friday for the Set (M). I'm working on uploading the documents. I don't think we have any mail that is really addressed to us jointly. I also didn't think there was any specific "acceptable" correspondence but in reading some other forum posts, it seems that certain things wouldn't be counted. I'm not on any of the bills besides the house insurance, pet insurance and some self-employment related insurance. I have paperless bank statements. Our rent / council tax comes directly out of my husband's paycheck as we live on a military base. I'm obviously panicking a bit about this! So we each need 12 pieces over the past two years (as I truly don't think we have any together, besides maybe wedding invitations!).

Is there a list somewhere of what is "acceptable" mailing?

I mean, not a whole lot I can do about it now... I literally have to upload tonight. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Wedding invitations or other personal letters definitely do not count. You also cannot use receipts/invoices. Mobile bills should be avoided if possible since they aren't really strong evidence, but people have used them if they had not much else.

You need to provide correspondence from at least 3 different official sources - Any government agency like HMRC, UKVI, DVLA, DWP, etc is good - Bank statements or letters, utility bills, council tax statements, letters from GP surgery or NHS. Sometimes insurance letters are accepted. I've successfully used National Trust membership statements since they are a government-regulated charity.

Reactions: paulincville

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Clever-Octopus. I definitely wasn't planning on using a wedding invite :) I could easily come up with 6 of those items, hopefully I can find 12 pieces of correspondence.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wedding invitations or other personal letters definitely do not count. You also cannot use receipts/invoices. Mobile bills should be avoided if possible since they aren't really strong evidence, but people have used them if they had not much else.

You need to provide correspondence from at least 3 different official sources - Any government agency like HMRC, UKVI, DVLA, DWP, etc is good - Bank statements or letters, utility bills, council tax statements, letters from GP surgery or NHS. Sometimes insurance letters are accepted. I've successfully used National Trust membership statements since they are a government-regulated charity.
Is there current guidance which states this? Specifically the list of acceptable sources and the number of different sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts