Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone advise. I loaded my CV on to few web sights, got a job (staff nurse), there was a catch though and it was a scam and a company called gulfwings travel were trying to get me to pay them money for visa ect,can anyone advise I need to find another offer, I am looking to move out and work along with my 12yr old, do jobs come with housing, schooling .I am reading to much into things and getting bogged down with info.:confused2:

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
7,075 Posts
Hi can anyone advise. I loaded my CV on to few web sights, got a job (staff nurse), there was a catch though and it was a scam and a company called gulfwings travel were trying to get me to pay them money for visa ect,can anyone advise I need to find another offer, I am looking to move out and work along with my 12yr old, do jobs come with housing, schooling .I am reading to much into things and getting bogged down with info.:confused2:
Hi,
Yes - there are many job and visa processing scams.
If you are offered a job without an interview and are then asked for fees to get the visa - then these are the warning signs of a scam!
Nurses normally get shared accommodation with other nurses.
It is not normal to be offered company accommodation for you and your son and it is not normal to be offered school fees.
Best of luck
Steve

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you want to work in UAE as a nurse you have to first obtain a UAE license, there are 3 types, DHA license for dubai, HAAD license for Abu Dhabi and MOH license for the remaining 5 emirates.

Nobody would consider you without a license. After obtaining the license, you will get plenty of offers, but I believe salaries won't be up to your expectations because most nurses here are indian or philipino and they settle down for lower salaries. There are quite a few hospitals however interested in hiring western nurses, american hospital is one.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi most the job description have been offering housing and education supplements?
I don't think you will get any education allowances.

Housing wise, you will either get a total package (as most employees in the medical sector) and arrange it yourself, or stay in the hospital's accommodation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts