Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been offered a package with an annual housing of 130K. It will just be me and my wife and we have done some research on propertyfinder.ae.

We are attracted to the villa style of Palmera (2 bedroom villas) and it seem to fit our requirements (still need to do the physical checking out of the property once we get there).

I have seen the 2 bed villas advertised for between 130 K to 150K mainly.

1. I will be working near the airport and will drive, is the traffic ok between Palmera and the airport area?

2. How much % can I realistically negotiate the rent lower, if it is even possible?

3. I read that utilties (electricity and water) can run up to high costs. How much on average would it cost for a 2 bedroom Palmera estimated?

4. Is it possible to ask the landlord to include say electricity bill into the rent?

5. Are there any other costs related to the housing we need to be aware of? such as monthly maintenance fees?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
2. How much % can I realistically negotiate the rent lower, if it is even possible?
It all depends on the landlord, how long the property has been empty and interest from other potential tenants. Some won't budge even if it means that they lose out on rental money. You can usually try to negotiate with offering one or two cheques to get a reduction.

4. Is it possible to ask the landlord to include say electricity bill into the rent?
The electricity should be paid by the tenant. DEWA (electricity and water) is connected to Ejari now (change in law as of 01/07/17). The DEWA bill also includes a housing charge of 5% of your annual rent, payable monthly. SO for a rent of 130k you pay 6500 AED in total, 541.67 AED monthly. In order to get DEWA connected the EJARI (registration of tenancy agreement)has to be done first. There has also been another change, the tenancy agreement has to be on the unified format now (A two page standard format,link. After Ejari is registered DEWA gets notified and it's possible to open the DEWA account. The deposit for DEWA is 2000 AED (apartment) or 4000 AED (villa). It's especially important to have this done by the law if you intend to sponsor your wife. Without Ejari and Dewa you cannot sponsor her.

5. Are there any other costs related to the housing we need to be aware of? such as monthly maintenance fees?
See above

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hello all,

I have been offered a package with an annual housing of 130K. It will just be me and my wife and we have done some research on propertyfinder.ae.

We are attracted to the villa style of Palmera (2 bedroom villas) and it seem to fit our requirements (still need to do the physical checking out of the property once we get there).

I have seen the 2 bed villas advertised for between 130 K to 150K mainly.

1. I will be working near the airport and will drive, is the traffic ok between Palmera and the airport area?

3. I read that utilties (electricity and water) can run up to high costs. How much on average would it cost for a 2 bedroom Palmera estimated?

Hi,

1) Traffic should be OK - will take 30-50 min...
2) Already answered.
3) Should be approx 1000AED-1500AED.
4) No, Already answered.
5) Agent Commission 5%, Housing Charge 5%(Already stated by QOFE), Deposit for Villa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts