Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is working at World Trade Centre and we are looking at rental properties, on being on the Palms. How would she connect from bottom of the monorail to the red line metro (which station).

Many thanks
Mark

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
With a taxi. It would be lightyears cheaper getting a taxi from your home to the nearest metro station also. The Monorail is for tourists only.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As Gav says. The monorail is not actually connected to anything yet, apart from Atlantis and the car park at the foot of the Palm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went on the Palm monorail for the first time this weekend, wanted to take my parents to the Palm and do the touristy bits. Thought it was good, you get some good views as you head up to Atlantis.

Do you reckon they'll ever get it hooked up to the red line? Or was that never the plan?

·
Registered
346 Posts
My wife is working at World Trade Centre and we are looking at rental properties, on being on the Palms. How would she connect from bottom of the monorail to the red line metro (which station).

Many thanks
Mark
As a side note: Please make sure that your landlord is up to date on the service fees. Many landlords have defaulted and the tenants are suffering - no beach access and currently cutting off car parking access. This is happening in the Shoreline apartments, not sure about the other properties.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great point Sunset it is SO annoying! If they'll do a rent deduction and let you pay service fees directly even better, not all will of course but worth a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.