Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am planning to make a couple of weeks visit to Pakistan in Aug-2015 while my Pakistani passport ends in mid of Jan-2016. I am just wondering if is it really necessary for the passport to be valid for next 6 months from the return date from PAK to AUS.

Secondly, did anyone ask for VISA label or any proof at Karachi airport when coming back to Australia? :confused:

See ya

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please reply if possible... :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
In case it had been India then : In your first question the answer would have been no and for second question while you return to your country authorities only require a valid home country passport..moreover authorities know that Australia has stopped issuing labeled visas...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't think you need 6 month passport validity to travel back to Australia as this condition is only when you are applying for any visa, this is my understanding of the 6 month passport expiry rule.

As far as visa label is concerned I have no idea as I traveled for my IED from Dubai and that was without visa label.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I also traveled to Melbourne from RUH-AUH-MEL and neither Riyadh or Abu Dhabi airports asked about VISA Label. I showed them VISA Grant letter only.

I am only worried about the reaction at Karachi Airport. I shall be taking my VISA grant letter so that I can safely come back to MEL. Secondly, still need more confirmation about 6 months paskistani passport validity thing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Every time you show them the grant letter they'll look at it like you're trying to fraud them and they've never heard of it. I would have thought they would get used to it (grant letters instead of the visa labels) by now. But no. Anyway, do keep a few photocopies of the grant letter with you, they'll ask you to give them a copy and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks TV Buff for your suggestions. I shall keep few copies of VISA grant letter for my Karachi airport fellows. :D

But did anyone have first hand experience regarding about 6 months Pakistani passport validity thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts