Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to come over from uk early next yr.41,reliable hardworking 22yrs in the trade and driving licience.looking for cash in hand to start off with any parts of oz.any advice or offers.....thanks:plane::clap2:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Which visa are you coming over on?

Dolly

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I see you've posted the same thread in the Canada forum. I guess you don't have a Canadian visa either?

Dolly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see you've posted the same thread in the Canada forum. I guess you don't have a Canadian visa either?

Dolly
is that a helpfull or sarcastic answer dolly?I am looking for a sponsor actually and dont intend to work illegally.do you have a problem with me coming over??????????the uk is full of immagrants from all all over the world taking up british jobs but I dont mind.eager for your reply

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I doubt that Dolly was sarcastic - she was trying to be helpful. We'd had members coming on here before assuming that they can get a visa quickly with no idea how hard it can be for them or how long it can take.

You didn't mention sponsorship in your initial post. Is your skill set in demand? If not then it's going to be harder for you to find sponsorship since an employer will need to show that they can't get the person locally before sponsoring someone from outside the country.

If you're looking for sponsorship then I don't understand the cash in hand part of your post since you would be employed by the company to get your sponsorship. Or are you looking at state sponsorship?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
It was definitely not meant to be sarcastic. I was just concerned that you were coming over to either Canada or Australia without checking out properly what requirements you'd need....from how you were posting it was as if you were just going to show up and hope to get work.

Also, as Karen pointed out, you never mentioned in your first post that you would be looking for sponsorship. That said, you still need to have certain criteria for that visa. Also what threw me was the 'cash in hand' statement intimating that you would be coming over visa-less.

Perhaps next time you could give members a clearer idea of your plans, what you are expecting to do so etc so that they can give you the correct advice or point you in the right direction to get that advice.

Dolly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts