Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear,

I would appreciate you clearing some confusion shrouding my mind.

1. I am completing PhD in econometrics/ economics from University of Tasmania. I have university lecturer experience from 2010-2013. Would I be able to apply for assessment as an economist and university lecturer upon completion? Will my PhD period be considered as employment as an economist/ business analyst or do I must apply as lecturer? If job experience as economist/ analyst is not considered am I still eligible to apply for assessment with zero years of experience economist/ analyst considering my other points add up? I also have 6 months teaching experience in the Uni I as a lecturer and course coordinator.
2. My wife completed her PhD in biostatistics and epidemiology. She does not have an industry experience. Is she eligible to get assessed under statistics and claim points for employment as a paid PhD? Is she eligible to present her hour based contractual experience for job specification even if she does not earn any point for that working under a year?
3. Can both of us get assessed with our qualifications (completed) and contractual industry experiences (less then a year)? Are we qualified (if all other points add up sufficiently) to get assessed?
I will appreciate you kindly casting light into these, allowing us to consider our next steps.

Without jobs we get tight points. Can we select professions with less then zero experience but with degree covering the points for that?

Do I get any additional benefit to apply in Tasmania as a Tasmanian graduate.
Please be kind enough to produce direct answers with references if possible. So much confusion.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I recall reading that VETASSESS is going to stop assessing PhD work experience where just the stipend is considered payment.

I'd visit their website as a starting point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts