Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have two questions, one about paid holidays and the other about bank statements.

I have already sent the documents to my spouse and her visa appointment is in a couple of days.

I wanted to ask, is it crucial that the employment letter mentions that I get paid holiday? Because the employment letter I sent with the documents to my wife doesn't mention that (forgot about it when asking the employer to write it). During my employment in the last 6 months I took 2 weeks holiday, which was paid, and we are submitting payslips for that period which show that I was paid (along with the bank statements). So my questions is it very important to mention in the letter? If it is, and since I already sent the letter to my wife, is it worth putting a note in the additional information of appendix 2 about it?

My other question is about the payments shown on my bank statements. I have marked all the payments for the last 6 months with an arrow on the bank statement. However, because I'm paid by cheque, the date of payments on my bank statement is usually three days after the date on the corresponding payslip. Is it worth writing the date from the corresponding payslip next to each payment on the statements?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hello everyone.

I have two questions, one about paid holidays and the other about bank statements.

I have already sent the documents to my spouse and her visa appointment is in a couple of days.

I wanted to ask, is it crucial that the employment letter mentions that I get paid holiday? Because the employment letter I sent with the documents to my wife doesn't mention that (forgot about it when asking the employer to write it). During my employment in the last 6 months I took 2 weeks holiday, which was paid, and we are submitting payslips for that period which show that I was paid (along with the bank statements). So my questions is it very important to mention in the letter? If it is, and since I already sent the letter to my wife, is it worth putting a note in the additional information of appendix 2 about it?
Are you salaried? As long as each monthly pay slip exceeds £1550 that's what's important.

My other question is about the payments shown on my bank statements. I have marked all the payments for the last 6 months with an arrow on the bank statement. However, because I'm paid by cheque, the date of payments on my bank statement is usually three days after the date on the corresponding payslip. Is it worth writing the date from the corresponding payslip next to each payment on the statements?
You really shouldn't mark up your original documents. They can figure it out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you salaried? As long as each monthly pay slip exceeds £1550 that's what's important.

You really shouldn't mark up your original documents. They can figure it out.
No I'm non-salaried and paid weekly. I've summed up the last 6 months income and divided by 6, which gave more than £1550. So the lack of mention of paid holiday in the employment letter shouldn't be a problem?

I marked them because when the bank stamped my statements, some payments were obscured by the stamp. Would they find it an issue if there are markings?

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to bring this up again, but nyclon post made me think of another question (his comment on marking original documents). The payslips I've sent to my wife for submission are originals. However just to be safe, I asked my employer to sign them and put his signature in an empty space on the face of the payslip. Would that be OK, or should he have signed them on the back? Sorry if the question is silly!

Additionally because my employer signed each payslip, I didn't ask him to write a letter authenticating them as they're already signed. Is that fine?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It doesn't matter if he didn't cover up crucial figures etc. Yes a silly question!
Original payslips don't need signing or certifying so you don't need a letter in any case.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It doesn't matter if he didn't cover up crucial figures etc. Yes a silly question!
Original payslips don't need signing or certifying so you don't need a letter in any case.
Thanks for your reply, and apologies for the silly question, just was concerned a bit as I thought the way the payslips are signed was wrong.

I asked the employer to sign them because to be honest I don't know what is considered as "original payslip". My payslips have my address and business name etc, but no logo and it's not on headed paper, just printed in black and white on normal paper (the business doesn't have headed paper). However I myself would consider them originals as they are posted to me by the employer, and they're not printed from mail or pdf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.