Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find anything specifically about this in previous posts.

I've been in France for 8 months on an au pair visa & will renew in June. My boyfriend & I have decided to PACS & move in together this summer so that by the time I need to renew my visa again (June 2013) I can apply for the CDS privee, thus allowing me to seek a new job. Due to the specific requirements of the au pair visa, my visa states that my address is that of the family I work for. My employers travel for half of the week so I need to stay at their apartment with the baby, but the remainder of my time will be at the apartment that I share with my boyfriend. Can I get in trouble or will I be denied the CDS privee if my visa says one address but I've established my life at another address? Can I have both of my addresses listed on my visa?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks.

·
Administrator
50,066 Posts
Are you able to "renew" an au pair visa? If you are, it is supposed to be on the same terms as your original visa - which means that you're expected to live with the family you are "au pairing" with.

I would ask at the prefecture whether or not you can get a carte de séjour as an au pair for another year - and if so, what is required for you to do so. You may also be required to show your immigration status in order to get PACS'd.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
50 Posts
Couldn't find anything specifically about this in previous posts.

I've been in France for 8 months on an au pair visa & will renew in June. My boyfriend & I have decided to PACS & move in together this summer so that by the time I need to renew my visa again (June 2013) I can apply for the CDS privee, thus allowing me to seek a new job. Due to the specific requirements of the au pair visa, my visa states that my address is that of the family I work for. My employers travel for half of the week so I need to stay at their apartment with the baby, but the remainder of my time will be at the apartment that I share with my boyfriend. Can I get in trouble or will I be denied the CDS privee if my visa says one address but I've established my life at another address? Can I have both of my addresses listed on my visa?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks.
You should be fine as long as you have your bills etc going to the same address as the one you hold with your boyfriend. And get as many bills as possible under both of your names (elec, internet, gas etc) You don't even have to mention that your job requires you to be half the time at another address when you do your paperwork.

I wouldn't even mention the address of your employers as a "residence" and it shouldn't be a problem. :)

But be aware that normally you can't just switch to a CDS privée from your au pair visa when you're newly PACSed. If you just apply for a long stay visa after your PACS, normally you won't have the right to work until you and your boyfriend have lived together for a year under the PACS - so look into extending your Au Pair visa for another year as Bev suggested - then you should be able to get a long stay visa that permits you to work! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.