Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just know I'll have forgotten something!!!! set off Friday at 4pm. hoping to be at the newplace (which I havent seen yet!!) for Monday at the latest. Anyone travelling thru France or Spain keep a look out for me - a BIG black landrover with a box trailer on the back - give me a hoot or a flash when you come past me, i'll be driving like a grandad cos of the weight....

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Just know I'll have forgotten something!!!! set off Friday at 4pm. hoping to be at the newplace (which I havent seen yet!!) for Monday at the latest. Anyone travelling thru France or Spain keep a look out for me - a BIG black landrover with a box trailer on the back - give me a hoot or a flash when you come past me, i'll be driving like a grandad cos of the weight....

Good luck hun, it'll be nice to have you in the next village with your expertise LOL!!!

DRIVE CAREFULLY!! and if you need anything when you arrive gis a shout on here, like I say you're not too far from us, we're in La Alqueria

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,454 Posts
Good Luck. Hope your new life works out for you and that you like the house that you haven't seen yet (??!!??)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Luck. Hope your new life works out for you and that you like the house that you haven't seen yet (??!!??)
seen pics of it so not going into it totally blind! was supposed to be going to Alhaurin but instead going to velez rubio!
big difference in distance and a lot less expats out there I bet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
good luck matey and u will need it if u see a silver picasso with a blonde behind the wheel. drive in the nearest ditch safer that way :rolleyes:;):D

·
Registered
19,454 Posts
Did you make it??:)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I hope he does come back to us, there've been a few who've made the move and we dont ever here from them again!!! And to me, thats the interesting and probably the most informative bit. The getting here and the first few days/weeks after arriving

Jo xxx

·
Registered
843 Posts
The disappearance probably has a lot to do with trying to get telefonica to sort out the internet! It took us weeks to sort out and now I've seen the bills, I wish I'd not bothered!

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
The disappearance probably has a lot to do with trying to get telefonica to sort out the internet! It took us weeks to sort out and now I've seen the bills, I wish I'd not bothered!
I couldn't believe the extortionate amount I was expected to pay in the CR and Spain for internet. So I decided to abandon telefonica and use one of those companies that supply internet without telefonica,monthly price 34 euro instead of 70 euro we were paying telefonica. We use Skype so didn't need the landline.
I phoned telefonica to cancel the contract and they asked why - I told them and after some haggling they dropped the monthly price to 30 euros inc. IVA, internet and free calls throughout Spain. A reduction of 40 euros, just like that!!
So0 I suggest you try that, Lynn.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I couldn't believe the extortionate amount I was expected to pay in the CR and Spain for internet. So I decided to abandon telefonica and use one of those companies that supply internet without telefonica,monthly price 34 euro instead of 70 euro we were paying telefonica. We use Skype so didn't need the landline.
I phoned telefonica to cancel the contract and they asked why - I told them and after some haggling they dropped the monthly price to 30 euros inc. IVA, internet and free calls throughout Spain. A reduction of 40 euros, just like that!!
So0 I suggest you try that, Lynn.

Who were you going to use? :confused:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck marra. Just gan canny on the roads.:cool:

Doggy
LOL went dead canny on the roads and still lost a wheel! - complete hub and everything! spent 2 days trying to work out how to get the bloody thing to the destination. managed it at 40mph for about 1100km.......

·
Registered
896 Posts
LOL went dead canny on the roads and still lost a wheel! - complete hub and everything! spent 2 days trying to work out how to get the bloody thing to the destination. managed it at 40mph for about 1100km.......
So everything went nice & smoothly then:D:D:D

Doggy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope he does come back to us, there've been a few who've made the move and we dont ever here from them again!!! And to me, thats the interesting and probably the most informative bit. The getting here and the first few days/weeks after arriving

Jo xxx
Made it jo! only taken me a week to recuperate from the journey after I actually arrived!
Lets just say the pictures I was sent are of a property taken about 4 years ago............
Before the damp,burglars, holes in the roof etc appeared........

Iḿ here now and will be staying for good... Anyone fancy a job??????

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Made it jo! only taken me a week to recuperate from the journey after I actually arrived!
Lets just say the pictures I was sent are of a property taken about 4 years ago............
Before the damp,burglars, holes in the roof etc appeared........

Iḿ here now and will be staying for good... Anyone fancy a job??????
So glad you made it!!!!!! Cold isnt it, altho todays picking up nicely, I even sat outside and had a cigarette in the sunshine earlier and it was actually quite hot!!!

Where abouts are you?? Cos you were moving somewhere near me werent you??

Jo xxx

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So glad you made it!!!!!! Cold isnt it, altho todays picking up nicely, I even sat outside and had a cigarette in the sunshine earlier and it was actually quite hot!!!

Where abouts are you?? Cos you were moving somewhere near me werent you??

Jo xxx
Originally I was moving to Alhaurin el Grande to stay with friends, Ended up just outside Velez Rubio....Long and sad story of pictures not showing the real condition of a property!

Todays been lovely! Tuesday night was so so cold - the snow was coming past the window horizontally and at its coldest was -6 thru the night. Couldnt get the doors open on the car the next morning cos the seals had frozen to the door.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.