Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The one in Ibiza went rubbish years ago when they started targeting Paris Hilton, Puff Daddy and city traders. Which, ironically, should fit right in here then.

Shame to see Triology go, they only club that could afford to put on the bigger credible acts and draw a fairly credible crowd.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
Well if they bring Hernan Cattaneo count me in, I'd almost happily put up with the douchebags that I'm sure will frequent this place in abundance to see him dj. He's a god :p

But with my luck I'm sure it will be lots of David Guetta and Bob Sinclar

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
How do you even get into nightclubs in Dubai these days?

I tried to get into Movida on Thursday night, but other than asking if I had a table reservation, they completely blanked me and left me and the missus basically standing out on the street. It was 11am, not even as if it would have been heaving.

Is it actually possible to get into these popular new places to have a couple of drinks and a bit of a dance or are you just complete scum if you don't spend 5,000 Dhs on a VIP table?

We were more or less manhandled out of the way so they could usher a group of Chinese men through.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was staying in the hotel there and just had dinner there, the missus fancied a few glasses of wine and some dancing (and there was a flyer in the room saying it was ladies night 11am to 1pm so free drinks for her).

I usually avoid places like that like the plague.
Those are super hectic hours mate, no wonder you got shafted :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one in Ibiza went rubbish years ago when they started targeting Paris Hilton, Puff Daddy and city traders. Which, ironically, should fit right in here then.

Shame to see Triology go, they only club that could afford to put on the bigger credible acts and draw a fairly credible crowd.
It really depends on what night you decide to go to Pacha. Their Flower Power and Insane Ibiza nights are still wonderful. Not to say they don't have **** nights like the F*** me I'm famous by Guetta and the likes.

Honestly, Trilogy had become very bad lately until it closed down. Nobody would pay an entrance to get in to see DJ Ejaz (their resident) playing the decks with some commercial music. Up until last year they had 2manydjs and other wonderful djs playing.

Oh and Paris signed up to PLAY at Amnesia not Pacha ;)

How do you even get into nightclubs in Dubai these days?

I tried to get into Movida on Thursday night, but other than asking if I had a table reservation, they completely blanked me and left me and the missus basically standing out on the street. It was 11am, not even as if it would have been heaving.

Is it actually possible to get into these popular new places to have a couple of drinks and a bit of a dance or are you just complete scum if you don't spend 5,000 Dhs on a VIP table?

We were more or less manhandled out of the way so they could usher a group of Chinese men through.
It's becoming really terrible to be honest. The point is to avoid all these generic clubs where everybody comes to show off instead of the music. Can't even stand this whole sparklers when you buy a bottle culture. You can't even differentiate the music of these clubs from one another. Commercial dance music everywhere. This includes ALL major clubs like Armani, Boudoir, People's, etc etc. The more messed up the door policies are the more people want to get in since its a 'privilege'.

360 still hosts some decent nights and are not too messed up with their door policies.

Cosmic gate's playing on the 19th at Chi.

Another one of the decent events I've been wanting to check out are the Analog room parties at Catwalk/Q Underground.

On another note, does anyone know if any Circoloco events are happening somewhere near? :fingerscrossed:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.